80 Series fuel tank size

Chas Sep 13, 2018

1. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    I have a UK spec 80 with the standard fuel tank plus a 60ltr LRT where the spare would have sat.
    Today I filled both tanks to the brim after running it down to the low level red light and it took 198ltr. Now I thought the standard tank was 95ltr so plus my 60ltr I should only have been able to put in 155ltr so where is the extra 43ltr capacity coming from, and I did check underneath for leaks. :think:

hopeless wanderer likes this.
  2. Aeronick

Aeronick Active Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Hi Chas,

Mine is German and has 95lt!
    I can't image you leaked more than 40 lt without see that, I can't image you have a so big leak.
    198 look like £ instead lt :)

3. Chas

Garage:
    Map
    It was the till receipt that gave me the figures, the pump stopped at 100ltr and I had to replace the nozzle and start again. No there was no leak, that was a joke. The only thing I can think of is that my LRT is about 100ltr not 60ltr.

4. Aeronick

Aeronick Active Member I am in great_britain

Map
    That makes sense!
    But still 198 vs 195... look like you are very confident in your reserve! :blush:

As soon as the amber light turn on I start to be in worry:)

5. Chas

Garage:
    Map
    I remember a long time ago when my red light came on and it was 20mls before I found a garage, so I know I can do at least that much and keep running

hopeless wanderer and Aeronick like this.
Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter