Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series oem cv's at cost.

Lol
:laughing-rolling:
(At your post Clive, not mine to be clear, I'm not that cruel and heartless)

I am, edited last post to join in the game, your turn Clive :)

Heres what im thinking to keep things simple.
dont bother with the shorter length shafts, if people are still running them they need to upgrade.

there is a price hike for abs, seeing as the old ring can be tapped off and refitted on the new shaft why pay more?

so im thinking of going with the part number rich gave, non abs, upgraded longer shaft.

thoughts?

Out of the half a dozen shipping options he gave me ive narrowed it down to two.

economy air mail. Sal.
3 pairs. 22350 yen
10 pairs. 78250 yen

surface mail. Waiting to know how long this actually takes..

3 pairs. 11650 yen
10 pairs. 40550 yen

waiting for confirmed price on new part number..

Well guys, I'm not going to bite anymore, so there!

I had new CVs last year and I'm guessing the short ones because I've never purposely upgraded, and I'm sure my service guys would have told me.

I paid what I paid and they're just fine. I have no oil leaks, no noises, the drive is as smooth as the smoothest thing in smooth land, so I'm happy. :icon-biggrin:

The last ones to fail were expensive too, but they were NitroGear shafts and CVs, designed for extreme offroad and I never did expect to get a high mileage out of them. I changed to them after having an after-market cv explode so I wasn't going there again.

We'll see how these perform and I'll take it from there. :thumbup:

It might be worth checking on the splines. When I first ordered non OEM replacements (and got the wrong ones) from Oz, I was asked to check how many teeth there were on the spline. Now I don't know if this was duff info or what but it may just be worth checking. Aside from that, dependent on price I may go for a pair of these as spares.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Clive, I have a pair of induction hardened non OEM shorter ones from Oz if you're interested. I have offered them to @Rosy but I think his are the long shaft ones which he's going to check. If he doesn't have them, and you wanted them, I could bring them over in August.

Clive, I have a pair of induction hardened non OEM shorter ones from Oz if you're interested. I have offered them to @Rosy but I think his are the long shaft ones which he's going to check. If he doesn't have them, and you wanted them, I could bring them over in August.

Very kind of you to offer Rich, of course I'm ok for the moment, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a pair in stock.

PM me a price if you would, then if @Rosy doesn't, I will. :thumbup: :icon-biggrin:

Looks like you did get yours in cheaper times rich.
£450 a pair plus shipping, so economy air £500 plus duty.
Surface 4 to 8 weeks, £480 plus duty..
any ideas on duty?

Depends what import classification they end up under. Normally around 4.5%, then add the courier charge for import processing and then VAT at @ 20% on the lot including the shipping charge. You are probably looking at £140 - £150 on top of the £500.

I guess duty can only be 20% max. But there are also UK handling charges to clobber you with. In the past I have had:
Handling charge
UK delivery to final address charge
Customs handling charge
Underpaid postage fee
VAT
Import duty
Processing fee
Random fee; just because we can

It really stacks up. Got my inner axle seals from Amayama last week, straight through not stopped for anything. But they weren't much of a saving on UK price to be fair. Came in a monster package that wouldn't fit through the letterbox. I reckon they could have shaved quite a bit off if they'd just used a Jiffy bag.

No problem. As Chris has said the UK part of the delivery can throw up all sorts of additional costs. There do not appear to be any hard and fast rules to get an accurate price.

#watches a tumble weed roll by...#

Back