Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

So, 15 doors and frames went back on Tuesday morning. :)
Had the right response which was good. Going to be a couple of weeks at the most with some extra welding to hold the gas strut brackets better. Then they will all be repainted. :pensive:

Hi StarCruiser,

As I was desperated waiting to homologated them in the I.T.V. (Automovile technical Inspection in Spain), which is a nightmare!! I decided to put them on the car (I hope the police do not ask for the homologations papers).

The pictures are not very well; they are just for you to see how it looks like. Very happy!!!IMG_20170528_142226.jpg IMG_20170626_174733.jpg IMG_20170626_174747.jpg

Hey they look really good against the white of your immaculate 80. Of course the sun helps but that looks great. I may be wrong but I don't think there's been any fitted to a white 80.

Hope you don't get your 'collar felt'. :icon-cool:

Really glad you're happy and that they've got to you ok.
You have the only cruiser on Gran Canaria with gullwings. :dance:

Hello StarCruiser
I've been reading this thread for the last 1 hour. I currently just bought myself an HDJ80 Standard and would love a pair of these Gullwings.
Have you still got a pair for sale or in the pipeline?

Cheers

Claudio

Hello StarCruiser
I've been reading this thread for the last 1 hour. I currently just bought myself an HDJ80 Standard and would love a pair of these Gullwings.
Have you still got a pair for sale or in the pipeline?

Cheers

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

Good to hear from you. Yes I do have some gullwings in stock. I'll send you a PM. Does your 80 have the sliding rear side windows or the fixed ones?

Best wishes
Rich

You should have had a PM (Conversation) from me Claudio. Let me know if you didn't receive it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I appreciate I'm a bit late to the party but.... Are there any of these left in stock?

Rob

Just been reading the build up of these windows. They look fantastic and are something I'm very interested in. I'm building an overland cruiser.
Would it be possible to get a price for two with mole panels shipped to Australia?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Alphamic,

I’m pretty sure it would be prohibitive to send them to Aus and I think in all honesty you have some manufacturers down under but if you really want these ones I’ll look into the shipping for you.

Last edited:
Is there any facility to fit a mosquito net to the apperture on one of these (or is it a design you are considering)

And do you have any stock left

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the interest.

I hadn’t considered a mosquito net but I expect something could be fashioned. As they’re really designed for access rather than ventilation I hadn’t considered it TBH.

I have one pair that’s spoken for at the moment but if you want to put your name down I can start a list for the next batch.

Hi Mike

Nick has kindly said he would wait for the next batch now so if you want a pair I can put your name on the ones I have. I’ll send you a PM.

Rich

For anyone who hasn't seen this thread going on in the 80 series section, I now have the opportunity to make up Gullwing doors or hatches for the rear side windows of the 80 series. These replace the glass with no further modifications and are as such totally reversible. They have external hinges and a single edge mounted rubber seal along with an adhesive primary dust seal. They are made out of 3mm ally.

Prototypes are being worked on and there will be photos posted soon.

Pricing is a little more than I had hoped but I have pared it to the bone for a group buy and this is being done by me and organised through my business which is not taking much profit for the work involved.

There are two versions, one with and one without * a connecting 'flange' on the rear to attach a locker or back cabinet to. With painted and non painted versions of each. Two C5 latches and secure external adjustable hinges complement the flush mount design.

All prices are plus insured carriage and packing at £25.42 for a pair and £15.13 for a single or collection is fine in which case no carriage would be charged.

Singles would need stating LH or RH as viewed by the driver. Note that these are a direct replacement for 80 series rear side windows. Should you have and want to replace the sliding windows, then a rubber is needed for each side, Part number 62741-60030. These are £50.72 each plus VAT from my local Toyota main dealer and £43 plus delivery, import duty and VAT from Amayama Japan or £25 plus delivery, VAT and import duty from Amayama UAE who have stock for delivery in 2-3 weeks.

I could arrange for a bulk buy if more than say two pairs are needed. Edit, probably best doing this individually.

The doors and frames themselves, as follows:-

With rear mounting frame for fitting whatever cabinet or locker you want to make and fit.

I will be putting these on eBay when ready for around the £850 mark plus delivery.
PM me for club member pricing.

So look out for the photo of the prototype and show your interest below. Delivery is 4-5 weeks in batches at present. Please express your interest below by quoting the list then removing the quote marks. No absolute commitment but I would hope at this stage (dependent on the prototype) that most will commit to buy.

You can follow the build on the build thread here

https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/80-series-gullwings-rear-windows.142898/

Edit * the non framed/ flanged model has been discontinued after first production run as the framed version is far more rigid.

Hello! My name is Andrew. Tell me how to get in touch with you for ordering Gullwing Doors for a Land Cruiser 80 car? Interested in a set of 2 sides + plates under the mollie.

Hello! My name is Andrew. Tell me how to get in touch with you for ordering Gullwing Doors for a Land Cruiser 80 car? Interested in a set of 2 sides + plates under the mollie.
PM sent Andrew. :)

Back