Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series suspension upgrade

Brondy00

Hey guys, just looking to pick your brains on suspension brands. Any advice or previous experience would be great

Basically looking to put a 50mm lift in my 80 series, the brand id love to use is Old Man Emu but unfortunately its going to be outside my budget. Now ive heard most springs and shocks on the market are the same, just have different colours and brands so the ones ive considered so far are are West Coast Suspension and Blue Max Suspension.

Does anyone know much about those two brands (Quality wise and who makes the springs and shocks) or have any other brands or advice you'd like to suggest?

I'm going to be brutally honest and say if OME is outside your budget and you live in Oz then I'm not sure anything cheaper is going to be any good. Is it? It's always hard to advise from a different continent where prices and availability vary hugely. For many years the only suspension you could get there in the UK was OME. And it was very pricey. Strong, but not that nice in terms of ride when unloaded. Now there is all sorts of stuff. Quite a bit of it is Australian.

You really need to specify carefully what you are looking for. If it's a replacement for stock that just looks a bit more manly then a simple 2" lift is fine. But if you want + 2" and carry 600kgs in the vehicle then you can't just add 2" unloaded obvious. Maybe try contacting Chris at FNB, see what the EFS range is like for you.

Back