Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series wind deflectors

Why not phone the airport its worth a punt they are so competent they can lose whole planes but sometimes an introduction along the lines of " hiya love its probably not your job but i wonder if you can do me a favour" gets a response from a human being .

Depending on how lost the package is, I'm at Bucharest airport as I speak, do you want me to ask? Or at Istanbul when I get there in about 2 hours?

I was on a ski holiday transfer flight from Bucharest to Lyon via Malpensa Milan, going to Val d'Isere and I missed the connection flight due to a security strike, meaning an 8 hr wait for the next flight to Lyon.

On my 8 hrs of boredom walkabout, I saw my ski bag on a baggage truck on the apron at Malpensa. "Oh great" I thought, "my bags will be coming with me on the next flight, how organized they are".

Didn't see that bag again for 6 days, by that time the ski holiday was almost over!

I'm not making light of the situation, but jibing at the sender isn't going to help matters, any investigations Andy does are a sign of his good intentions and along with posting prior to receiving the money, proves his character, IMO.

A has has satisfied all obligations under the deal, nothing more for A to do. Anything A does from now on is a token of goodwill, therefore B should not be complaining about A.

Also not so. A claim for loss can only be made by the poster at origin.

I'm updating this thread to warn anyone else who might consider purchasing from AndycruiserguyLomas.

Before I paid Andy for the parts he paid a lot of attention to me, even sending me a picture of the parcel and responding to my PMs very quickly. Since informing him that the parcel never arrived he has been extremely difficult to contact.

Andy was unable to show me a receipt for the postage.
Andy was unable to show me the compensation claim form he says he filled in and sent off mid December 2014.
Andy will not answer my private messages but does have time to post some jokes recently.
Andy is perfectly affable on the phone and promises to sort things out and then does nothing.

I privately asked for help from some people on this forum and eventually got one forum member to contact Andy on my behalf. Andy promised that member he would "get in touch and sort this out". That was two weeks ago, and as expected, I have not been contacted.

I realise some of you who have already posted in defence of Andy won't want to hear this but unfortunately I have not had the same good experience with Andy.

I am now of the opinion that the parcel was never posted.

So, watch it next time he offers something for sale.

I am sorry to hear that your parcel hasnt arrived. . When I heard that the insured costings were high it interested me as to why they are high compared to the value of the postage. I am interested in this and had done some research into the Irish postal service. The reason why insurance is high from the UK to Ireland is that the Irish postal service offers a "shonky" postal service with many missing parcel complaints.

I am shocked that you accuse Andy of not sending the parcel. I understand that you dont know him from Adam but you are insinuating that a person I know and fully trust to be a dishonest person.

Hope this helps!

I am sorry to hear that your parcel hasnt arrived. . When I heard that the insured costings were high it interested me as to why they are high compared to the value of the postage. I am interested in this and had done some research into the Irish postal service. The reason why insurance is high from the UK to Ireland is that the Irish postal service offers a "shonky" postal service with many missing parcel complaints.

I am shocked that you accuse Andy of not sending the parcel. I understand that you dont know him from Adam but you are insinuating that a person I know and fully trust to be a dishonest person.

Hope this helps!

That goes for me and all of the others that know him on this forum.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've just come back from Ireland. WTF when I arrived home both my and my wife's credit cards were frozen by the bank. We were trying to pay Eflow about £2.80p and whilst doing so the bank phoned saying they had frozen both cards for suspicious activity. If I could not pay Eflow would charge extra WTF. When I told them we had in fact been to Ireland they sympathised. If Eflow is inefficient/corrupt I dread to think what their post office is like. Never had a financial problem before at the age of nearly 70.

Sympathise with you Frank. No idea what Eflow is, but all of my cards are blocked by PayPal (I can still use them but not with PayPal) so it's no big deal otherwise.

What gripes me is that PayPal have given no reasons and my PayPal account is permanently suspended, which means no access to it and no means to contact them to query or resolve the block.

They are no "Pal" of mine and as you know, it scuppers just about all internet purchases. Not happy with them at all.

Sympathise with you Frank. No idea what Eflow is, but all of my cards are blocked by PayPal (I can still use them but not with PayPal) so it's no big deal otherwise.

What gripes me is that PayPal have given no reasons and my PayPal account is permanently suspended, which means no access to it and no means to contact them to query or resolve the block.

They are no "Pal" of mine and as you know, it scuppers just about all internet purchases. Not happy with them at all.

I have a Freephone number for PayPal 0800358 7911, I just tried calling and it works OK from here, not sure if it would from Romania though Clive.

I have a Freephone number for PayPal 0800358 7911, I just tried calling and it works OK from here, not sure if it would from Romania though Clive.

Thanks Chas, but 0800 numbers don't work outside the UK, been there already. Thanks for trying, I would write to them but can't find a postal address. They're hiders it seems.

Crikey Clive,

I had a problem when I first joined Paypal and could not get any sense out of them. I wrote to their HQ in Switzerland and it got the matter resolved.

Eflow is a toll road near Dublin. If you pass the cameras without prepayment, which is wholly acceptable, you have to pay online within a day or so or the price goes up. So when I tried to pay my card was rejected. I tried my wife's card and the same thing happened. HSBC phoned during the transaction. I told them I would phone back (waited for the dialling tone :icon-wink:). They reset the cards and I was able to pay.

Thanks Chas, but 0800 numbers don't work outside the UK, been there already. Thanks for trying, I would write to them but can't find a postal address. They're hiders it seems.

I've just been on to PayPal and got an international number, try this Clive, good luck 00353 1436 9111.

Sorry Clive,

Paypal operates in Europe as a Luxembourg bank so "Paypal Luxembourg" should reach them. Lets see if their Post Office is better than Ireland's :icon-biggrin:.

It's the wonders of modern technology , nobody blocked nothing , a computer program did it because they are light years away from inventing electronic common sense .

I was amazed that the bank were watching me. They rang within 5 mins of me trying to make a very small payment to Ireland.

I was amazed that the bank were watching me. They rang within 5 mins of me trying to make a very small payment to Ireland.

I doubt it was a human, probably a computer set off an alarm.

Sorry Clive,

Paypal operates in Europe as a Luxembourg bank so "Paypal Luxembourg" should reach them. Lets see if their Post Office is better than Ireland's :icon-biggrin:.

It's strange that the postal service here is getting the rap, because, to be fair, we actually have an incredibly reliable postal network in Ireland, almost nothing goes undelivered or missing. (Obviously there'll be the odd exception) but it's not common at all.
I would also say that any issues with paying were on the part of your bank panicking about payments outside the UK. I had this when I tried to rent a car in Florida before, bank froze my card as they thought it was fraudulent... Took 3 hours to get it sorted.

So, less Ireland bashing!!:lol:

No Ireland bashing from me Bob, any country that can produce Guinness, Caffrey's and Mary Hopkin has to be on top of things!

Chas & Frank :

Thank you guys, I now have a chance to get this sorted, very grateful to you both. :thumbup:

Shayne :

During the first 4 years of being in Romania, despite me informing them that I had gone international and to expect withdrawals from Romania (and the mid-east and eastern Europe, Turkey and the like) I still got fraud alarms raised on my account, and it's an specific expat account!

You're right of course, all database controlled, it just needed someone to punch the right buttons, which they did eventually.

Then, for a year, I spent quite a lot of time in Denmark, completely confused them all over again! :lol:

Ha ha, in fairness we are like a bunch of space cadets when it comes to a lot of things, but not our drinkahol!!

Back