Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80Axles with air lockers.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Advertising for a friend in case anyone is interested.

pair of 80 axles, manual diffs with air lockers compressor and switchgear.69619381_2319638838083758_1612842141854203904_n.jpg

Axles have had a lot of work carried out and cases have been blasted and powder coated. He's asking £1500.

I can pass the guy's number on to anyone who is interested, located in S Yorks.

Saw those earlier on eblag. Interesting con version he has done as you can't see that it's not factory

I’d be interested in these to give my 81 lockers but I’ve no idea how I’d get them, where I’d put them, how I’d move them and Lynn still hasn’t got her kitchen. :icon-cry: And they’re manual ratio. Can’t remember if that’s offset by bigger tyres.

I’d be interested in these to give my 81 lockers but I’ve no idea how I’d get them, where I’d put them, how I’d move them and Lynn still hasn’t got her kitchen. :icon-cry: And they’re manual ratio. Can’t remember if that’s offset by bigger tyres.

Wrong way round Rich. Auto diffs in a manual to compensate for bigger tyres.

If you bought them Rich I could collect them for you ( local to me) and bring them to a meeting in a trailer. I viewed the truck to buy complete, it was MOT'd but had a hydrolocked engine. Complete off roader, not a straight panel etc but got some good bits axles, IM suspension etc . Lad had an inflated view of what it was worth as a none runner. I offered him a good 12V bottom half cheap but he has broken it instead.

That’s very kind of you Andy but if the ratios are wrong I’d have as much work changing them as putting ARB air lockers in the casings I have. The good bit would be being able to get these set up right while off the truck, then swap over without the truck being off the road for too long. That could be achieved by buying two diffs and having the lockers fitted, then doing the swap. Plus that puts a 4 gear diff in the front, knowing the two gear one is described as ‘weak’ (everything’s relative I guess). Much as I’d like to do this upgrade and do it now, It wouldn’t get done for so long that I’d be tripping over these for a couple of years.

I think that’s enough to talk myself out of it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Interesting point you said there rich.

Are the open diff such as yours only 2 pin? I had assumed they were 4 pin the same as the locked diffs.

Your rear diff with the lsd should be 4 pin. So only really the front that needs a arb putting in it

Interesting point you said there rich.

Are the open diff such as yours only 2 pin? I had assumed they were 4 pin the same as the locked diffs.

Your rear diff with the lsd should be 4 pin. So only really the front that needs a arb putting in it

I maybe wrong but isn't the information about the 2/4 pin diff stated on the Identification Plate? It should state 2/4 pin and ring gear size under "Axle".

BTW Rich, whats the paint code of your Truck?

Yes, I suppose it’s only the front that is un-lockered. I’ve been immobilised doing a ditch crossing with opposite corners in the air and the CDL locked so I guess that means the LSD needs adjustment or new parts which aren’t cheap. Hence the thought to change to a more solid solution. However, I do see there are advantages in a LSD.

I’m 99% sure when I took my front diff out, it only had 2 pinions on it.
Trans/axle is stated as K295
Paint code is, 3H4

No idea Andy may pop out and look.

Rich if you have your rear wheels off the floor and spin what direction do the wheel go?

It sounds like it needs some love to be fair. You need to put LSD oil in the rear diff if you put normal in maybe your issue.

No idea Andy may pop out and look.

Rich if you have your rear wheels off the floor and spin what direction do the wheel go?

It sounds like it needs some love to be fair. You need to put LSD oil in the rear diff if you put normal in maybe your issue.

Both forwards or both reverse Stu and no, I only put LSD oil in. I really wish I knew what was going on when I was (deliberately) Cross axles on a training day. I’ll need to ask someone else who was there but really, with CDL the LSD should have got me through so I’m guessing some TLC is needed too…

:)

Andy, apologies for the threadjack.

LSD needs some resistance on the spinning wheel to work or works as a open diff, a touch on the brakes should help in these situations.
Or that’s how I believe they work ( or could be thinking of atb type )

LSD needs some resistance on the spinning wheel to work or works as a open diff, a touch on the brakes should help in these situations.
Or that’s how I believe they work ( or could be thinking of atb type )
This is what the group I was with were saying. I did try brakes, from a touch on, to a stand on. I’m pretty sure if I give a ‘spirited’ left turn at the lights down the road I feel it lock up or at least start to pick up. Maybe it needs adjusting, it’s not been touched in 100,000 miles at least.

Back