Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

95 Body Lift

And I still have the full pdf fitting guide to go with that if anyone fancies having a crack at it.

C

I think I'll take it Gary. Assuming the Mrs agrees when she gets in from work. Should confirm by about 7pm. If any one else wants it before I confirm then by all means let it go.

Cheers

Chris

Guess theres no more interest then Gary so I'll take it if thats ok. Would it be ok to pick it up a week on monday as were thinking of having a day out down your kneck of the woods.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would be grateful to anyone that could send me the pdf guide to fitting a body lift ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check out the 90 series faq mods section. Its in there under fitting a milner body lift

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers Chris i did search for it but ended up resurrecting this thread . Got it now though and it looks reasonably straight forward common sense , just unbolt everything , jack the body up off the chassis , put spacers in and bolt everything back up again with the longer bolts supplied . Has anyone made any mistakes that knowing about might help me avoid ?

Yeah when you unbolt the steering rack. Make sure nobody grabs hold of the wheel and spins it. After the body lift next thing to do is shorten the arms on the brackets for the tank guard by 40mm to give better departure angle

I've been looking at the tank guard for a while and wondering if altering it to make it and the towbar one piece would tidy up the rear end a little while at the same time turning it into a skidplate of sorts . I assume your saying shorten the brackets means the tank is connected only to the body and is not bolted to the chassis at all ?

Tank is bolted to the body but the guard is boltes to the chassis so when you lift the body it lifts the tank 40mm out of the guard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Jeez i'm only now having already ordered the lift starting to contemplate whats involved . Mines only a 40mm lift but still i will have to make new brackets for the side steps and fabricate a towbar to fill the 40mm gap that will be left between it and the rear bumper . Front should be fine though i reckon the bumper will still hide the standard skidplate so i won't need to move the rad . You would think my impulsive nature would have lost momentum by now but it still haunts me now and then lol .

Jeez i'm only now having already ordered the lift starting to contemplate whats involved . Mines only a 40mm lift but still i will have to make new brackets for the side steps and fabricate a towbar to fill the 40mm gap that will be left between it and the rear bumper . Front should be fine though i reckon the bumper will still hide the standard skidplate so i won't need to move the rad . You would think my impulsive nature would have lost momentum by now but it still haunts me now and then lol .

side steps are mounted on the body so you don't need to touch them -unless you want to drop them down a bit and the towbar will be fine just paint the crossmember

I could have swore i unbolted the steps from the chassis when i took them off to paint , guess i'm going senile already . I wanted a chunkier looking crossbar on my towbar anyway i was trying to get the one pictured below even before i began thinking about a body lift , something about the rear end just doesn't look quite finished . I would guess the lift would add a 40mm gap just to make things look worse though i will be glad to see the fuel tank and guard a little less exposed .
TowBar_zps36f140e7.jpg

After a quick google search i believe i do have an intercooler but the same 5 minutes research suggests to me that the intercooler CAN be modified as a result of the extra space a lift provides but it doesn't actually need to be ?

I will obviously have to read more but i would be glad to hear what you have to say wobbly ?

Mind you something in the dungeons of my memory is telling me the intercooler is related to the auto gearbox my trucks a manual ?

Last edited:
99.9% sure you won't have an intercooler Shayne. IIRC You have a SWB Manual so therefore a UK spec truck (ie Colorado) and I am sure that none of them came with intercoolers

Yeah Chris i been digging deep and i recall asking on here "would i be right in thinking the 100k rad failure is only a problem with auto's" . You replied i don't need to worry coz mines a manual colorado .

Its arrived but but i'm off to the Isle of White tomorrow so it will have to wait .
bodylift001_zpsde0b9eba.jpg

Back