Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

98 Collie ecu location

Umar

Country Flag
uk
There is a tiny bit of welding that's needed on my collie which I'm going to be doing soon. I've heard of ecu being fried and so on so will be disconnecting how ever many there are can any of you tell me the locations, the main ones I can think of are the main ecu and for the alarm immobiliser I've no idea where they are. I think the abs might have one and maybe one to control the 4x4 system?

engine ecu behind glove box. open it give thesides a squeeze it will drop down and there it is!

No traction control or anything of the sort on your truck if that's what you mean by 4x4 system ?

I thought there might be an ecu to control the 4wd system but maybe that's on newer vehicles, where is the alarm ecu?

Engine ecu seems simple enough to remove had a look at the immobiliser one seems a mission just to unplug that!! I'm wondering if I will be safe leaving it plugged in what you reckon guys?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had the inner sill patched on mine for the MOT last year. The guys that did it didn't look like the sort to disconnect anything and the clock and radio were all correct when I picked it up so the battery had not been off. Certain they used a MIG. I think it's better to disconnect as much as you can but I seem to have got away with it so far.

whenever i have welded on a machine, i have just taken off the battery leads. i was under the impression that any circuit through the vehicle creating the arc, would 'fry' the diodes in the alternator. welding over, and battery re connected, never had any problem with vehicle electrics.

hope this helps, cheers ears.

Never disconnect anything when I weld and never had any problem ever

Back