Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A Heartfelt Apology

All the best Chris - hope it all gets sorted.

Good luck :thumbup:

How does this theft work, I thought you would get bills in post and written warning before bailiffs turn up ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh No!! So sorry to hear & see you go through this. We sincerely appreciate how hard it was to share & how much you have suffered. We all get into similar situations in life and as a test of strength & dignity we stay strong to ride them out. You have our support always & may you clear you name & have a wonderful Christmas & new year. [emoji4]

I don't know you Chris, but I'm always willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.

That's easy for me to say because you owe me nothing. There's been numerous posts (and likely many that haven't posted) trying to give you that benefit of the doubt, but eventually failing simply by your silence of late.

My advice, whether you want it or not, is to make an orderly list of your creditors, and contact them all soon (forgive me if you already have).

Your story may very well strike deserved sympathy, but there are many more "victims" in this saga, other than just you.

Money is just money, but when it's mishandled, these are matters of mutual trust. When that is broken, you are finished in society, end of.

Before it's too late (and it will already be too late for some) make contact with these people, preferably in writing, explain your plan and regain their confidence, even if you can't remedy the problem just yet. It will reaffirm all the good words that friends of yours have voiced on this forum, and it will buy you some time to properly face the consequences of the rough deal you've just endured.

As others have said, this will take time, the aftermath of something like this will have repercussions for some time to come. Damage limitation is the key here, you did no end of damage by clamming up and leaving folks to think the worst.

I wish you every success, to clear your name, and to get Humber 4x4 back in good business, delivering good products on time and for the agreed sum. Being handed money with no goods and no explanation in return, will soon be the finish of any enterprise.

Have courage, strength and success, but most of all, have the sense to manage this situation Chris. Bad management has killed better business and reputations than yours, so beware.

I suffered what can only be described as a bankruptcy at one stage of my life, a good income, but not good enough for the debt I was in. I too made the mistake of not communicating with my creditors, and I got into serious sh!te. Once I did contact them, my problems were half solved. I suggest you do the same, individually and personally. You've broken the ice now, you have given yourself the chance.

The very best of luck, my thoughts are with you.

Last edited:
Well said Clive there can be no winners here , I can only speak for myself but i am not driven by animosity far from it , frustration has me cornered and that's all there is to it , i'm sick of soul searching and making excuses to myself on somebody else's behalf or winding myself up when i should be having a nice day . Its never to late when nobody want's the current state of affairs to exist at all .

It's trust not money that matters .

It's trust not money that matters .
With people you know and friends that says it all. Getting gypped by companies (and on eBay :shifty:) is something else, but from friends you expect more.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the eating....

If all is now as described, Shayne should be getting his refund pdq - maybe he could confirm when its done so we all know that Chris is getting a grip of things.

Fingers crossed all will now be good again.

Regards

Pete

I will let you know . To be honest i haven't made any effort to send bank details again because i haven't had any sort of indication that they will be received .

Last edited:
Unfortunatly I know what you mean Shayne !

I tried text, voicemail, email, PM, ebay etc and still took weeks and weeks to get hold of him.

I understand that with big issue like that on your plate you mind is off the ball but surely with so much on you should stop dealing with people that you know you will let down ?

I won't lose trust Paulpen because if i did that then i really have lost something of value . Money is not the issue , i pay between 10 and 20 times the amount involved here weekly as wages that's how little i care from a financial point of view . I don't know whats going on at Chris's end but for sure there is a bigger picture that we don't know about and even now i sincerely hope he can turn his luck around .
Being fobbed off and ignored is what riled me , had he answered the phone and said sorry mate i forgot , or i've lost the thing , or i sold it and i don't have the money to pay you back right now , he could have said almost anything and it would have been received better than silence .

I won't lose trust Paulpen because if i did that then i really have lost something of value . Money is not the issue , i pay between 10 and 20 times the amount involved here weekly as wages that's how little i care from a financial point of view . I don't know whats going on at Chris's end but for sure there is a bigger picture that we don't know about and even now i sincerely hope he can turn his luck around .
Being fobbed off and ignored is what riled me , had he answered the phone and said sorry mate i forgot , or i've lost the thing , or i sold it and i don't have the money to pay you back right now , he could have said almost anything and it would have been received better than silence .

Have to agree with you there! I spend far too much time chasing people for money, and nothing riles me more than when they refuse to make contact with you. Though sometimes the 'reasons' can be almost as frustrating
My personal favourite will always remain 'sorry I can't pay you that 1k I have owed you for over a year because I just spent 40k on more stock...... but can you come over here and help me with them please....'.

That does sound like total misery though and I feel very sorry for the poor man. In my (quite extensive) experience of dealing with the plod, trying to convince them of anything beyond their blinkered view of a situation is often akin to putting a square peg in a round hole. There have been times when I have wondered how they ever actually solve any crimes.

Sorry to hear that Chris. Hope you get everything sorted soon mate. :thumbup:

Sorry for the delay in replying guys but I had to look into and ask a few people exactly how much information I could let you guys have on an open forum.

Shane can you drop me an email on my personal address as it is the only one not still under partial police control [email protected]

This is one of the reasons for lack of response to calls etc. Due to the suspected involvement with groups from the middle east all of my email accounts were frozen, and mobiles confiscated.

There is no excuse for my lack of contact ability other than the mountain I felt I had on my shoulders. I hope one day to be able to provide you all with the full account of what has gone on and what I have been through but at the moment I can't say much more than I have.

I think someone asked about receiving final demands and things. The thing is that this is a different type of fraud than just someone using your credit card. This was a full "life hack" for want of a better word and as it now appears by more than 1 person. When the police finally raided the address they had drivers licence's passports, birth certs, etc. etc. all in my name and with my information.

Hopefully if there is another Lincomb and I will still be welcome then I will try and share more with you all around the fire with a couple of beers as it is much more difficult to talk about it all sober. lol

If anyone has anymore questions I will try my best to answer them but please keep in mind that I am only allowed to give out so much information at this moment in time.

And I thought I'd been screwed over when I found out the wife owed £20k and hadn't paid the mortgage for 9 months....
perspective, it's great.

What a nightmare.

Bravo Chris, good luck. :thumbup:

Details sent to the address given .
Cheers shayne got that. Just waiting on a check to clear will have money back to you by Friday.

Thanks to everyone else for their support. It really is helping to get through this nonsense. I truly can not now understand why I didn't turn to you guys sooner. Thank you all so much.

People are amazing creatures...
Boundaries cannot define us. We seem to be capable of empathy and then circumstances can instantly make us malevolent. Perspective views are the only thing that keeps me sane. The person who did this to you may have done it out of greed but they may have also done it out of desperation. Hard to imagine a person taking it upon themselves to hurt another so they can satisfy their hunger but when the pressure builds we can all agree we have made choices we have often regretted. The person who did this to you is already paying the price. The weight that is felt from hurting other's is carried through out their life time and unless they take action into making things right with the people they scarred a void will always find a home in their heart. Learn and grow. Allow this experience to show you (As you stated) that there are still people out their who offer us hope by leading their lives by exposing their heart.

Last edited:
Back