Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A late summer bbq meeting ?

Vodka? Who had vodka??!!! Glad i forgot to bring frozen jägermeister, that would have been messy......

Frozen Jäger.....

We can try that at lincomb. Ill show you lads how its done next time and ill have a blow out :icon-wink:

Gutted to miss yet another get-together... :icon-cry:

You all seemed to have a blast, thanks for the photos... :thumbup:

Geekokent, please send our thanks to your brother in law, breakfast was ACE!!! Best meal of the weekend, noodles was shite, Taste of the world food court non excisting, emergency food delivery, he saved the day, garlic potatoes yummy!! And Tom's flambee'd chips was great too :) and all the lies around burning wood.

Great weekend, great people!
Need to bring warmer clothes and food next time.

Must be said in the hope it might reach the right ears i think the show will be in trouble next year . The lads no doubt had a great time because it was for them a venue for a self sufficient camping weekend (I think the club plot was the biggest single entity at the show .

Helen and i along with our 2 year old grandson only went for a day out and while it was nice to say hello to everybody , ferret through the shops and buy an ice cream two laps and just over 3 hours had us heading back to the truck to change his nappy and head for a motorway service station to find him something decent to eat . During that time we had been warned away from the noodles more times than i can remember so instead went for a burger and coffee at the cafe which made me wonder if the noodles might have been a better option . Here's the crucial bit though , we chatted to a number of stallholders all of whom informed us many of the expected businesses , burger vans and vendors simply didn't turn up because once plots were hired all advertisement for the show ended . Makes me wonder if those that told us this will bother next year let alone those that paid for a plot they didn't use .

Interesting Shayne. I mentioned we hadn't seen any advertising, even on the route into the show. The ice cream man was p....d off as he had had a poor day. Even the dog walkers asked what was on this weekend. The cafe breakfast was, well, nothing special but not expensive (read cold) but all the people were great. I left my fleece on a chair in the cafe for at least 3 hrs. It was still there, just where I'd left it, nobody nicked it. The food stalls were lacking in the extreme and those that were there seemed spread out and in no particular order of rows so you could easily miss something. Some people said it was ok for them.

It was a shame we didn't meet up with you and Helen.

There was an AA man trying to sell membership sitting under his gazebo.

'Membership Sir'…says he as I walked briskly by.

'I've got a Land Cruiser'…says I.
'A Land Rover? (He misheard) Then you definitely need us…'

No, no 'Land CRUISER' says I.

After a thoughtful pause… he says…
'They still get punctures you know…'

I chuckle at that every time I think of it. [emoji4]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Its a difficult call - you're completely right, in so much as the "show" aspects are very badly organised - but as a venue to meet and chat to like minded people its great - I spent most of Saturday wandering around meeting folks and asking about their adventures - interesting and good insight if you're thinking of going outside of the usual. I really hope that they can find a way to make this work for both the attendees and the stall holders - but it will need much better organisation and advertising I guess. Crazy really, when you think that there are numerous 4x4 and military shows that seem able to do this without too much drama... If its on again, I'll be back.

Got to thank a few myself, Chris Lund for meeting up and for company on the journey up. Tom and Scott for immediately lending us chairs for two nights, KB and J for allowing us to share their barbecue, to everyone for their kind comments about my efforts with the Gullwings, and Lynn's rat (thanks for the comments not thanking the rat [emoji6]) and to Karl for bringing stuff I needed, not bringing stuff I didn't (relay) and helping out generally. Oh and to my Lynn, for putting up with my daft notion of camping for the first time and kipping inside the truck. Quite apart from everyone else who contributed to a great weekend.

PS. Still unsure as to what to make of the 'toyota surf appreciation society'.

Do you think they sit round the fire and sing 'we are the surf appreciation society…'no?

Last edited:
Yes sorry we didn't see you Rich if i'm honest i just didn't think on it we visited Karl's end of the cruiser patch twice but i only ventured up as far as David's truck to relieve him of a winch tray he's been tripping over for a while , thanks David :thumbup: .

Don't get me wrong we enjoyed the show a friendlier crowd you couldn't hope to meet though i was perhaps a little disappointed to find nothing i wanted to buy .

Good one on the AA man makes me almost ashamed i signed up for it just before Romania but in my defence both trucks are covered for not much more than the price of a new starter motor , which of course i wouldn't have to pay for now and if i needed it in a motorway service station 300 miles from home ........

Thanks for a great weekend one of the best i have been to for drinking and merryment.

I did get froozen and leant a few things mainly make the effort to put the roof tent on for this time of year.

i have some picture that i will post later.

Cheers stu

A few more
e72312c791ace8b382df6f7d35897907.jpg
2993b1ad2e985483ce86c2b8f5e380cf.jpg
d8ebacdc998c0bedcf9d49854cb66498.jpg
c70de5e5a049d709734a3d418dc4a332.jpg
8434aeb971586477eea5b891397a0ea5.jpg
07a9028d35ac50c6c7ff1b2387dbabc5.jpg

I finally got home at 10:40, absolutely drained, I did a bit of admin this morning, but I've been nodding off all afternoon :sleeping-sleep:

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome I was given, some great trucks on show, and what a turnout! :icon-cool: Some great conversations round the fire, nice to meet so many interesting people.

After some insight from Chris I'll be looking at side sheets for the foxwing, sat-phones, and an extractor fan for the rooftent, cheers for that info it really helped, I know exactly what I'm after :thumbup:

Carls water-heater was the best thing at the show for me, pure genius:ugeek: gathering of bits for a copy has already started

Starcruisers gullwings are also a work of art in the flesh, I'll be slapping an order in soon, I might not fit them unitil I've worn the truck for 12 months and I know exactly how I'll be changing the layout, but I don't want to miss the oppertunity, very nice work sir :clap:

I need my bed, I think I'll sleep for a week :lol:

Yes sorry we didn't see you Rich if i'm honest i just didn't think on it we visited Karl's end of the cruiser patch twice …

No worries Shayne, I think we were touring the site trying to find something of interest so we missed you completely. [emoji20]

Carls water-heater was the best thing at the show for me, pure genius:ugeek: gathering of bits for a copy has already started

Starcruisers gullwings are also a work of art in the flesh, I'll be slapping an order in soon, I might not fit them unitil I've worn the truck for 12 months and I know exactly how I'll be changing the layout, but I don't want to miss the oppertunity, very nice work sir :clap:

I need my bed, I think I'll sleep for a week :lol:

I missed this water heater of Karl's, I'm sure that would have taken my interest.

Thanks re the Gullwings. To my shame I'm not placing your forum name, did I miss you or have I not made the connection? It may be I'm being a bit dim.

Its pumpy paul in the silver 80 ! cruiser over from yours!!!

We're going to need name badges next time :laughing-rolling:

It's Pumpy Pete, got mals old truck off David CWC :icon-wink:

I'm useless with Names too, I got Chas, Karl, Chris, Tom, KB, Lund, Andy, and I knew David from N44, I recognise Nicks avatar now, but that's cheating :lol:

8/20 is not bad for me :icon-biggrin:

I had an inkling it was you Pete as you had said you'd like some. [emoji6]

Thanks Stu, I feel better now[emoji6]

Ere Pete, you forgot me, so it's 9/20 [emoji4]

I deliberately don't ask names because i know i will forget them , i never forget a face though so unfortunately its a choice of being rude by not introducing myself and asking or being rude by not remembering :oops:

Back