Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A very local 80, but the price!

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
This came up on my (almost hourly) check of local stuff on eBay:

It’s had extensive welding to the rear a few years ago (I remember it behind parked at a local garage for weeeeks) and sounds like it needs more.

Bids at 4.6k just now? Ok it’s sub 200k miles but really?

I’m looking at the 24v manual in my driveway thinking I’m sat on a pot of gold going by the price of this white and brown thing.

Prices are everywhere at the moment . At the end of the day if it's been welded and done right that's got to be a positive I'd say. I've just had my 24v auto cleaned underneath back to bare metal painted and undersealed. 120k and I thought almost immaculate. Guess what ! Found rust there too. Obviously it's been repaired. Having my other trucks done exactly the same soon. I think it's holy grail stuff to find an 80 that's not seen the welders torch. Ironicly the 12v auto import I bash around off road is exactly that. Totally rot free. But beaten up. Fact is good solid 80s are becoming rarer and people seem to be willing to pay to own one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post something about that one along with this 340,000-miler with no MoT near me. £3,200 and climbing.

Prices are everywhere at the moment . At the end of the day if it's been welded and done right that's got to be a positive I'd say. I've just had my 24v auto cleaned underneath back to bare metal painted and undersealed. 120k and I thought almost immaculate. Guess what ! Found rust there too. Obviously it's been repaired. Having my other trucks done exactly the same soon. I think it's holy grail stuff to find an 80 that's not seen the welders torch. Ironicly the 12v auto import I bash around off road is exactly that. Totally rot free. But beaten up. Fact is good solid 80s are becoming rarer and people seem to be willing to pay to own one.

thats fair enough if someone’s willing to pay a lot of money for one.

I wonder what the export value on them is just now? It must get to a point where they aren’t paying as much as a keen uk buyer would be.

Export are paying around 3k for 12v. Not sure about 24v. But they can be as rough as a badgers arse they don't care. Local guy to me just sent one to export. Had I seen him twenty mins earlier it would have been mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just about to post something about that one along with this 340,000-miler with no MoT near me. £3,200 and climbing.

I like the Engine excellent, Transmission Fair comment! :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had 2 independent calls yesterday to see if I had an 80 to sell, looking to spend £3-4k. I told then they'd missed the boat.

Back