Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aaaaaaaaargh. Fecking e-bay!!!

wobbly

Garage
Why did I do it?

Listed the LJ78 tonight, every nutter awake must scour ebay looking to irritate someone, and tonight, its my turn......

Why would I sell it for £300 when the engine alone is worth £450?

Can see it coming off, have a mate interested, prefer to sell it to him for less than I have the reserve on fleabay.

Rant over. :evil:

Pete

And to add insult to injury ebay bends you over and shafts you for charges :shock:

shame to see it go. Damage looks very minimal in the piccies.....good luck with the sale.

Would you be interested in swapping it for a Subaru Imprezza or will you take a cheque for double the amount and refund the difference? I will have to send it from my Nigerian account as overseas at the moment but a shipping agent will collect vehicle.
Just send me your address and all your bank details, national insurance number and PIN code and i will sort it all out.

:whistle: ;)

Thats actually a more believable offer than a couple of the others.

Guy wants to meet me at services to do the deal, but can only pay by cheque......oddly, he had minus feedback !

Some decent folks asking questions as well, and I cant believe some of the bits I've forgotten to put in - tow bar, air conditioning.....

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just let it run

Reply to the eBay will you take.... With a polite f off

I would guess it will make 2k+ winter is on its way, even had a frost in sunny south devon :lol:

One of my guys used my 70 at work today (on Dartmoor Crushing heather and rare rodents but it's on a MOD firing range so there was no bobble hats to complain) :lol: anyway he is a land rover man, well was a land rover man.... I will set him onto your eBay listing Pete

wobbly said:
Why did I do it?

Listed the LJ78 tonight, every nutter awake must scour ebay looking to irritate someone, and tonight, its my turn......

Why would I sell it for £300 when the engine alone is worth £450?

Can see it coming off, have a mate interested, prefer to sell it to him for less than I have the reserve on fleabay.

Rant over. :evil:

Pete

your engine is worth at least £500. mine was only on ebay half an hour priced at £500, when i got a call from a chap, who bought it off me. ebay didnt make a penny out of that sale either which was nice! :dance:

good luck with the sale mate. :thumbup:

Mike

The reserve price is waaaay below £2k, its somewhat above the current £770 as well though!

My new toy is getting picked up next Thursday, so hopefully it'll be gone by then.

There's also the little matter of the Astra estate I acquired to see me over the LJless period......no way is it going on fleabay!

Could strip the LJ I suppose, but Sarah isnt happy with having a car dissolve on the driveway.... www.canningtongrange.co.uk .... you can see my problem ! I think it would add character.....

Pete

I would still leave it till the end on eBay, people only want you to end it early so they get a bargain

There was a 2.4 LWB with a lift in a dealer in saltash a few months ago, it was ratty and had a silly price in the window, it's not there anymore....

It's a bit late now but the points I always add on a eBay listing

Bidder has to speak / write clear english

Auction will run it's coarse

20% non refundable deposit and end of auction via PP

Collection in 7 days or it is resisted.

I would eBay the Astra too.

I saw an LJ78 with a 4.0 conversion and 35" tyres for sale down there, think it was £3500, and a straight LJ78 with 68,000 miles on the clock for £2,500 on Autotrader at the moment, so mine will be a bargain by comparison. Nutters seem to have moved on to another victim!

Had a guy come and give it a real thorough check, test drove about 50 miles - it was more like a day out! Seemed to know his stuff as well. Pleased he made a few bids afterwards, nice if it goes to someone who becomes involved in the clubs as well!

It's looking like my 2k bet is getting closer

Sorry I'm not going to bid now it's over £1200

I've had a couple of folks asking for a buy-it-now deal, but the bidding is at a similar level, so i'm happy to let it run - my previous experiences of selling on e-bay both ended with me taking cash offers and on both cases I reckon I did myself out of a few £££'s so am interested to see where it goes.

The numpties have all left me alone for a couple of days now, it does seem that they prey on new listings.

I'd hate to have to make a living like this - its far harder to sell than it is to buy. Sarah says I'm too honest, but thats cos she believes everything I say....

Pete

tis a pain in the butt, i think people just waste their own time asking questions for no reason

if you do give some one a buy it now price, and they turn up with the cash and buy it before the auction ends. you can end the listing and avoid ebays extortionate fees. all you will have to pay is the listing fee. ;)

but i can understand you might want to let it run. the other problem is some one might bid and win, and then just decided they dont want it. ok you can then offer it to the next highest bidder, but if they are no longer interested, you might find yourself in a position where you have to re-list it. :thumbdown:

there seems to be a lot of people on ebay who just want to mess people around, and ebay seems to be more on the side of buyers than sellers with there policies. :roll:

Well, it reached the reserve, so did sell - just have to wait for the buyer etc. Local buyer, so a good start.

Picking the new one up tomorrow in Chesterfield !

Pete

Looks like the start of a new era Pete, best of luck with the new motor.

Andy :thumbup:

No luck required. It's a great truck. Sorry I won't be in as you come past to collect it. Gotta go to Milton Keynes or I'd have stuck the kettle on for you.

Enjoy.

Chris

Just sat planning my day out tomorrow - my lift up to Chesterfield didn't pan out, so its the train for me.

Heard from the guy buying the 78, he has had 80's, and has a 200, so its going to be appreciated - he's buying it for offroad use, have mentioned the forums, maybe we'll see him here!

Will be glad when everything is sorted, both cars dealtwith etc.

If it all goes through I cant moan about ebay - but not putting my dads astra on it!

I know I'm probably better off, but its been a right pia and not something I want to have to sort out again.

Pete

Back