Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AC 4 wire pressure switch

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
looking for info on the Air Con pressure switch fitted to LC 120s. It sits on the high pressure (small metal) pipework at the front of the car and has 4 wires coming from it. Not my car so I have no knowledge whatsoever of it but i know of one that needs replacing as it's leaking. Any info on it, chassis number (the vehicle is not available) so I can order one or anything that would help get a replacement is very much appreciated.

On a separate note, the drier is combined with the condenser and a replacement can be had for under £100 for the drier and condenser complete.

I know you dont have much to go on, year? Engine?

Toyodiy.com is your best bet for overview info, or a copy of the FSM if you can get your hands on one

Thanks Gary, I did have a look there as it happens, but I couldn't find any link to the 120 series though. I'm not familiar with the site so may have been missing something of course. Seemed to do 80s and hundees and two hundees but not 120s.

IMG_3621.JPG
IMG_3624.JPG
looking for info on the Air Con pressure switch fitted to LC 120s. It sits on the high pressure (small metal) pipework at the front of the car and has 4 wires coming from it. Not my car so I have no knowledge whatsoever of it but i know of one that needs replacing as it's leaking. Any info on it, chassis number (the vehicle is not available) so I can order one or anything that would help get a replacement is very much appreciated.

Hi StarCruiser

I have a 2007 LC4 120 D-4D with front only air con, not front and rear, and only have 2 wires coming out of the pressure switch. As you can see from the photos, there appears to be a holder for a clip on the rear of the switch, maybe another two wires could emanate from there, I don't know.

Part number on the photo, don't know if this helps or confuses the situation. Either way, good luck!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Bhutan, its all useful help. Thing is, I didn't see the switch in question but did briefly see the vehicle, but I have no doubt the info I've been given is correct.
I'll have to grill my Fridge pal for more info I think. Either that or we will have to wait for the owner to return and get the VIN number.

Bhutan, you need to find and replace a cap on your High pressure charging point there. Should be a Cap with an H on it and keeps the dirt out.

The one I'm looking for is for a front/rear AC vehicle. If that helps!

Bhutan, you need to find and replace a cap on your High pressure charging point there. Should be a Cap with an H on it and keeps the dirt out.
Many thanks StarCruiser, my other cap is missing also!
I keep looking but can't find caps anywhere in Bhutan, it'll have to wait until I get back to the UK. One day...

The one I'm looking for is for a front/rear AC vehicle. If that helps!
Here is the info available on toyodiy.com when I put my vehicle in, single (front only) air con system as opposed to a dual (front and rear) system. It looks like they only sell the whole tube assembly...

There were four air con system options available from the factory I believe, single, single with cool box, dual, and dual with cool box. Looking at the Toyota maintenance manual, it appears that the front pipe is the same for all systems, however the switch may not be. I've not dug into the manual that deeply as I don't have full vehicle details or know the manual that well, but it does show different terminals for different switches for the different air con combinations as you'd expect.

IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0619.JPG IMG_0620.PNG

Thanks Bhutan, I'm increasingly thinking it's going to be best if I get the actual model code for this vehicle when the guy comes back. At least that way I should get the correct part as it seems it's not as straightforward as I thought it might be.

With your AC caps, you could put plastic bags over with elastic bands around them, anything to stop dirt getting in until you can get the proper caps. Whoever worked on your system last probably has them, and rather annoyingly didn't replace them.

Thanks Bhutan, I'm increasingly thinking it's going to be best if I get the actual model code for this vehicle when the guy comes back. At least that way I should get the correct part as it seems it's not as straightforward as I thought it might be.

With your AC caps, you could put plastic bags over with elastic bands around them, anything to stop dirt getting in until you can get the proper caps. Whoever worked on your system last probably has them, and rather annoyingly didn't replace them.

Good call re waiting for the correct details for the vehicle, better choice I think.

Thank you for the tip re valve caps, you are right, I should do something to proctect the valves so I'll get onto it this afternoon. I've been thinking it'll be ok, and probably been a bit lazy if I was honest. Many thanks for the kick up the backside, much appreciated!

Bit of an update on this.

Here's the switch in question.
IMG_2838.JPG
IMG_2840.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG

Off to Toyodiy to have a look.

Hi,

I know it's a bit late in the day, but you can get the sensor on its own without the pipework for another Toyota model like a Lexus, have a look at the link below,

Back