Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AC Compressor

I've a vague notion it may be tucked right up inside the bumper so trace those pipes carefully direct from the condensor.

Havnt you got a workshop manual SC?

not you rich..:)

I don't have one either CG…:icon-cry:
I think I'm not able to get to it on here unless I'm a supporter which cuts out the ads?

I have the Max ellery, it has about 2 pages on aircon and no mention of the receiver /drier.

It might be worth putting your chassis number into a parts guide on Amayama or (I think) toyo diy to get an exploded diagram. Then you should see the location.

Is your drier up inside the condenser and they've supplied the wrong part? Just a thought as it should be easy to find but on my 2004 100 the drier pushes up into the condenser.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Now im Back from my holiday, I thought I'd drag this up to date.
I had another look tonight and have found this on the side of the condenser.
It has a nylon plug at the bottom with an Allen key socket in it. Would this be the drier that can be changed/slid inside?

20170803_190247.jpg

Are there two pipes going in/out of it?

Yes, that's the drier and no the hexagon depression is not for removal. I was with my fridge engineer mate the other day looking at a 120 and that had the same sort of drier. The answer is you need to change the whole condenser which worked out under £100 plus VAT if I recall. Didn't look too tricky to change either.

Yes, that's the drier and no the hexagon depression is not for removal. I was with my fridge engineer mate the other day looking at a 120 and that had the same sort of drier. The answer is you need to change the whole condenser which worked out under £100 plus VAT if I recall. Didn't look too tricky to change either.
Seriously? So its integrated?

Why cant it be removed? by the diagram i have found it just relies on an o ring seal.

Interesting, I'll forward that to my fridge pal. He was told otherwise for the 120.

Im going to have the system vacuumed out so i cant see any harm in undoing it, at the worst i will have to buy a condenser

Rich,When i looked at the parts diagram regarding your pressure switch question its showed the dryer available separately.

Im going to have the system vacuumed out so i cant see any harm in undoing it, at the worst i will have to buy a condenser
Indeed, it looks like my fridge pal was given duff info by his suppliers. That eBay ad looks like it gives the cartridge and the cap that you undo to get to it.
What did you put into Toyodiy to get the 120 up? I'm looking for the 4 wire pressure switch at the front. Does yours have one and if so could you perhaps give me a link to ToyoDiy to find it?
Every day's a school day.

Rich,When i looked at the parts diagram regarding your pressure switch question its showed the dryer available separately.
I couldn't find the 120 on there to begin a search.

I tryed to post the diagram for you but photo bucket ground to a halt, the street lights started to flicker outside and the wind turbines up on the hill started smoking.. i really hate photo bucket..

Back