Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Acceleration problem

travelytrain

Country Flag
united_states
Hey guys, 90 series with 5vz 3.4 petrol, i had and idle problem, cleaned throttle body and fixed that. Now i notice a lag in acceleration from 1000 to 2000 rpm if i gas it pretty good, almost like it stumbles right away then tries to catch up. I know this isnt a speed demon but has anyone had this and fixed it?

Thank you

How are the service items TT? Air filter, plugs? Leads or coil packs (not familiar with the engine just going through generic stuff). Have the plugs had excessive gaps at any time now or at any time in the past? Any Check Engine lights or have you read any codes?

Does your intake have EGR? If so is it clean. Is your MAF sensor in need of a clean?
Do you have any rattling coming from your exhaust that might have appeared after driving through water?

Also check for any splits in the intake pipework especially between MAF sensor and intake manifold.

I don't know your engine but that suggests to me its turbo related , either a dirty sensor is not telling the ecu to add fuel soon enough when the turbo starts to spin or you have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo and the throttle body , could be in the crank breather if you have one ?

I don't know your engine but that suggests to me its turbo related , either a dirty sensor is not telling the ecu to add fuel soon enough when the turbo starts to spin or you have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo and the throttle body , could be in the crank breather if you have one ?
What if the turbo’s missing altogether…? :whistle:

Back