ACSD removal from 1HD-FT

Brett Aug 10, 2018 at 11:08 AM

1. Brett

Brett Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    Gents,

As part of my de-complexing exercise on the engine - I'd like to remove the ACSD. I'm pretty sure it is faulty as during our cold snap during the winter, the trucks idle speed has stuck at 900 rpm.

Could anyone who has removed this please advise what they did with the Aircon Idle-up mechanism, can this be left in-situ or refitted after removing the ACSD?

Thanks,
    Brett

2. chapel gate

chapel gate Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    Iirc i left mine in situ when i replaced my ACSD with a new one.

3. Towpack

Towpack Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    I removed mine and kept the AC and PS idle up mechanisms. Can’t honestly recall if I had to remove those to get at the ACSD but, if I did, they must’ve bolted straight back on again after fitting the ACSD blanking plate.

4. Firewout

Firewout Well-Known Member I am in belgium

Garage:
    Map
    image.jpg Removed mine afaik. Just put a blanking plate and removed the rest.

5. iwan_t24

iwan_t24 Well-Known Member I am in wales

Map
    The air con bracket is separate to the acsd but they share one bolt so it's an easy task to leave the air con part in situ.

One thing is to be very carefull to use the correct length bolts when fitting the acsd plate as a too shorter bolt could strip the threads or a too long thread would go through too far and lock on the moving internal parts of the injection pump. Thats what I found out when I had a go at mine!

6. Brett

Brett Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I had a little go at it yesterday and im currently struggling to release the bolts on the a/c idle up bracket. The left hander is starting to strip the hex. This is using plusgas.I'm going to soak them for a few days before trying again.

On a positive note, I've proved it was the ACSD causing the increase in idle speed. Ive removed the linkage for the idle up & ACSD, & after adjusting the throttle cable so its sitting on the stop its now idling at bang on 600 rpm.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter