Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adding photos to posts

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
It's easy for those that know, but a little bird has told me they can't work out how to add a photo from their PC, laptop, or other device to a post, since the upgrade.

I've found that it's easier to upload a photo (or photos) first, then add text above or below, as you wish.

In this example, I'm using photos stored on an iPad.

Photos can be added singly, or in multiples.

1. Scroll down to the bottom of the reply window, and you should see this:

image.png

Press or click on "Upload a File" and the button should turn maroon colour. Then you'll see this:

image.png

Select the "source" location of the photo on your device, in this case (using an iPad) "Photo Library" which should take you to this:

image.png

Select the place, folder or in this case "Camera Roll" and the photos in camera roll will be displayed. Choose one or more by clicking or tapping on each photo you want, and you'll see the photos selected have a blue tick. (Another click on a photo will uncheck that photo).

Then press "done" in the top RH corner, and the photo(s) will upload. Then you'll see this: image.jpg.

The blue band is the progress bar showing an upload. When 100%, select "full size" or other as required.

Then add your text, job done image.jpeg

Last edited:
It's easy for those that know, but a little bird has told me they can't work out how to add a photo from their PC, laptop, or other device to a post, since the upgrade.

I've found that it's easier to upload a photo (or photos) first, then add text above or below, as you wish.

In this example, I'm using photos stored on an iPad.

Photos can be added singly, or in multiples.

1. Scroll down to the bottom of the reply window, and you should see this:

View attachment 107616

Press or click on "Upload a File" and the button should turn maroon colour. Then you'll see this:

View attachment 107617

Select the "source" location of the photo on your device, in this case (using an iPad) "Photo Library" which should take you to this:

View attachment 107618

Select the place, folder or in this case "Camera Roll" and the photos in camera roll will be displayed. Choose one or more by clicking or tapping on each photo you want, and you'll see the photos selected have a blue tick. (Another click on a photo will uncheck that photo).

Then press "done" in the top RH corner, and the photo(s) will upload. Then you'll see this: View attachment 107620.

The blue band is the progress bar showing an upload. When 100%, select "full size" or other as required.

Then add your text, job done View attachment 107619
Thanks Clive,I am going to print it so I can do it step by step.Pat

If you still have problems, post here Pat, then Cris might be able to help if it's an IT issue.

I still don't know why photos from devices can't be inserted into a 'conversation' or PM, is that my failure Cris, or is it just one of the features?

Thanks Clive. I'll add that to the help pages.

Thanks Clive. I'll add that to the help pages.

Can I bump my question Cris?

"I still don't know why photos from devices can't be inserted into a 'conversation' or PM, is that my failure Cris, or is it just one of the features?"

Not sure Clive. I think it's a setting somewhere. I'll take a look and see why.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back