Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 2016, at Stratford race course, Sept 24-25

That's unfair the Landrover crowd can tow each other in to make the weight without raising any suspicions :lol:

It says 'Free entry for display vehicles over 5 tonnes'. Perhaps you could load the roof rack with jerry cans Pete?

weight of mine an extra box of kleenex would probably tip the scales :lol:

that 5 ton thing makes a mockery of the shpeel they use to justify the higher prices for 4x4s using more space than 2 wheelers, display vehicles should have a consession regardless of size, the field was only half used, if there were no display vehciles there wouldn't be a show

/rant :lol:

Assuming no problems this end, I'd like to be placed on that list please.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We're in, GoK can you put us on the list please :)

On the list now. Looks like we are in for an epic meetup.

I should have details for the area etc in a few days.

We need to tell Tom no rough cider and chip fires this time....

Just added myself and then took myself off. I only want to stay Friday night but there's no single night camping again. As Pumpy says, £49 is steep anyway for what has been to date a not particularly good show, let alone for one night. I'll be there Saturday and come and say hello but reckon I'll just drive there and back. Shame really as I would have like to bring the truck but no point if I can't get to the club pitch.

As Chris says really. The shows shite. 2 nights camping for £49 is about what we pay when we stay at any campsite. Jmo

Just spent 20 days round the Baltic, we paid from £14 to £28 per night and in most cases the showers were coin slot operated. So £50 for a long weekend and laugh at the show is pretty good in my book.

Just checked the spreadsheet and oddly I wasn't on it. Sure I put myself down. I was one of the early confirmers.
Never mind. What are we mostly doing - paying in advance or paying on the door?

Just re read the thread here and keen to get sorted. Not quite clear how it's going to work this year. We can all individually book camping and register for a display vehicle pass but I know that KB, you are talking to Tom. If we have a load of display permits, are you arranging those to go out? Last year I made a big deal about the marshals which most people took to be unlikely - until they arrived. Utterly clueless. If we don't have the pass in the windscreen then there's a chance they'll stick you in the main camp site. I'd rather pay for a ticket up front than have to faff about in that tent arguing the toss.

Tom's in Hungary at the moment, expected back later this week. Once he is in town I will try and close off and confirm all the bits. They are trying a few different things this year, so keen to confirm everything ahead of time.

Cool, thanks KB. Looking forward to seeing the 105.

Back