Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 27 - 28 April 2019

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
OK so we all know that the show is largely pants and the organisation defies the word 'organised' but it's a great weekend all the same and I for one will be revving up the Hilux and trailer to be there.

Sorry, what? Yes, I said Hilux; what's your problem? I'm afraid with things the way they are at present, I can't afford to tax the Cruiser just to take it out of storage and drive it to Stratford. I've no major trips planned in it this year, so it's better left where it is. The Trailer has everything I need in it. And it's lower.

Anyone else going and are we having a club stand. Ha ha. Club stand, what a riot. I wonder where they'll pitch us this time. I get it, the place is so small that finding somewhere must be really difficult. I might even bring the Missus and the pooch this time. Probably just arrive Sat early on and not bother with the Friday. I went Thursday one year and I was one of about three people there. And they still moved me.

think ive already started a thread chis. maybe not though...

We will be at both.Early and late show

Last edited:
Regarding the tax. Ypu can tax it online for a month for £25 if you wanted to go in the cruiser

Booked that saturday off so ill be there

OK so we all know that the show is largely pants and the organisation defies the word 'organised' but it's a great weekend all the same and I for one will be revving up the Hilux and trailer to be there.

Sorry, what? Yes, I said Hilux; what's your problem? I'm afraid with things the way they are at present, I can't afford to tax the Cruiser just to take it out of storage and drive it to Stratford. I've no major trips planned in it this year, so it's better left where it is. The Trailer has everything I need in it. And it's lower.

Anyone else going and are we having a club stand. Ha ha. Club stand, what a riot. I wonder where they'll pitch us this time. I get it, the place is so small that finding somewhere must be really difficult. I might even bring the Missus and the pooch this time. Probably just arrive Sat early on and not bother with the Friday. I went Thursday one year and I was one of about three people there. And they still moved me.
Hilux?? No,no problem..
Will be there on the Sunday as ever.
After this year we will have our weekends free so things will change..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Couldn't find a thread Karl. I did look. Are you sure. Taxing for a month is a cracking option. Didn't know I could do that. Could be immensely handy. Nice one. OK back on topic. If there is a thread, I can merge them.

Couldn't find a thread Karl. I did look. Are you sure. Taxing for a month is a cracking option. Didn't know I could do that. Could be immensely handy. Nice one. OK back on topic. If there is a thread, I can merge them.

Yeah you can do it by direct debit, have it taxed for a month then cancel

I will try and come up as well, Friday evening

Chris you got a Colarado thats been badged up wrong thats all there are also insewerance companies that do short term cover up to 30 days as seen on adverts and if it gets warmer will go or bring a super single rim and have a really good burn up Oh almost forgot Chicken for Mr Nick

If it wasn't so expensive I'd come v early Sun am for the day and join you on the 'stand'... working Saturday. Last time I managed to get a free entry as a display vehicle but then they put me the other side of the course from the rest of the show.

Surely not. How could that possibly have happened? Oh wait, now I remember ...

Well I'll keep an eye out for trailers for you.

Who else is going to this one, & have we got our club pitch??

You beat me to it Andy. I have my ticket, but as yet not sure we've actually negotiated a club entry. We are on the list on the website but that means nothing. I'll be there on Friday as the advance party but given my experiences of the previous chaos each year, there's no guarantees - of anything.

Any news on this as were planning on getting there thurs night

Was just wondering if we had a club pitch, just so i no what to ask when we get there

yes mate.
we have a club pitch. just the landcruiser club again. ill see if he knows where we will be this year.

Back