Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Adventure Overland Show 27th 28th April

Soooo. I may have overdone it at the wedding last night so won’t be coming. Hopefully the weather is good for all those there today and packing up.

Just had a walk around the show, not much to see.... Overpriced for sure, at the most it’s a £5 show.

Just had a walk around the show, not much to see.... Overpriced for sure, at the most it’s a £5 show.
In a way I'm glad to hear that Charlie, I had intended to come for the day but didn't get out of bed early enough and then I thought it would probably be wet and windy anyway so I changed my mind. I hope those who did go had a good time enjoying Nicks Jack Daniels saucy food. :text-woo:

In a way I'm glad to hear that Charlie, I had intended to come for the day but didn't get out of bed early enough and then I thought it would probably be wet and windy anyway so I changed my mind. I hope those who did go had a good time enjoying Nicks Jack Daniels saucy food. :text-woo:
Although I brought them for Friday evening they were never cooked, Trever surprised us all and had cooked stew so had that instead

I’m sure from a social side it was great, but as a show it was very poor. I did walk past your camp area, but everyone was busy so didn’t bother anyone.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It was a great show from the social and club point of view. Thanks Karl for getting every one together.

Not at all Kb. Each person who makes an effort getting to any of our club meets is to thank for us getting together. It was nice to see the usuals and a couple of new faces.

We enjoyed it. cheers everyone.

Yes well done Club but a big fat raspberry to the organiser (ha ha ha ha) for managing to take was was really disappointing last year and significantly upping the ante to make it truly dreadful this year.

Around a hundred bikers all standing around saying 'Remind me why we're here?'

Last edited:
I did always wonder at the logic of running 2 shows a year when Tom was struggling to make one work properly. Didn't make this one, unfortunately, but will hopefully see some of you in September. As mentioned above, the social side makes a good show, the trade stands and seminars aren't worth the entry fee.

Ditto everything that’s been said about the show itself, despite the gales on Friday night & Saturday, had a great time socially with all the people that went, just got home, will unload tomorrow & prepare for Lincombe next.
Thanks to everyone involved from our club side of things.

Andy

Just like to thank everyone for being some welcoming and thanks to Karl for sorting out the club spot. Just clearing Lincomb with the wife as we speak :).
Ditto, many thanks for the welcome (and the shelter!) I would have been mighty pissed off if I was just there for the show! It was shite. Probably the death knell imho.
It was great to be able to put some names to faces.

ok, this may go against general feeling but if compare this april to last april id say it was an improvement, generally due to the big trucks being there, the bikes, more campervans, couple new vendors, yes slightly less vendors overall or more scattered so felt less, more footfall also than last april. this is purely from a view of coming to the show and comparing it. September still feels the main show though. one thing id wish they would do is some leaflets saying what seminars are on and times, they did it once few years ago but not since. and some actual signs for the show around the area. .. just my 2 pence :)

ok, this may go against general feeling but if compare this april to last april id say it was an improvement, generally due to the big trucks being there, the bikes, more campervans, couple new vendors, yes slightly less vendors overall or more scattered so felt less, more footfall also than last april. this is purely from a view of coming to the show and comparing it. September still feels the main show though. one thing id wish they would do is some leaflets saying what seminars are on and times, they did it once few years ago but not since. and some actual signs for the show around the area. .. just my 2 pence :)

Maybe it was just me, but a fair few people looked at the stack of papers that were handed out when I got in on Friday. It had vendor locations, session times, general emergency info and club locations etc.

Guess they ran out ?

Sorry chaps
155655582972143229297479536064.jpg

Oh and Steve, you have to remember this isn't your land rover club..... we do not do soup!!!!!

Nick usual makes the wings and they get handed around the camp fire. Boy they are good....

Im sure he will do them next time we see you at a meet

Back