Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After change batteries car won’t start

When I need to send photos or explain things better etc to folk I send them photos and text or even ring them or they ring me on whatsapp as its free , I just give them my mobile number and folk get intouch , I am always happy to help where I can .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I dont know what version of techstream you have or if its because you have a early model 120 I am crap with computers , but my techstream on my 2009 120 comes up instantly when I plug the techstream into the plug under the dash , it knows the engine and Vin without me typing any thing in the box , I dont know if my son somehow saved my details in the system as it was he who sorted the tecstream to work on a old vista laptop , but try typing in 1KDFTV at top box or the VIN in the box lower down .

Last edited by a moderator:
Vehicle spec is disabled after chose kdj

I am wondering if your techstream is for the USA where there is no 1KD sold in the USA . the 120s in the USA are sold as Lexus GX470 and all have V6 and V8 petrol engines .

I am wondering if your techstream is for the USA where there is no 1KD sold in the USA . the 120s in the USA are sold as Lexus GX470 and all have V6 and V8 petrol engines .

Attachments

• 7AE8C8B8-0996-483A-876B-8D4E9E84031B.jpeg
    7AE8C8B8-0996-483A-876B-8D4E9E84031B.jpeg
    594.9 KB · Views: 32
When he said he disconnected the batteries by disconnecting the + only and looks like he removed the + first and connected the + last made me think wow that is the worst thing to do to the cars electrics , there is quite a good bet the + touched something while the negative was still connected to the batteries and shorted out components including the locking system , immobiliser and or ecu .

Back