Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

After ideas for mounting uhf

clarkeballs

Country Flag
australia
Hey guys and girls i have just bought a 150 series prado and I want to mount my uhf radio and a few other things in the car but i don't want to drill holes if i can help it and was wondering if anybody has any ideas.
cheers clarky

Could you use a lip-mount on the rear door?

K412NMO_L.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase (and welcome BTW)

Is it the radio set that you are having trouble mounting, or the aerial. I took it to be the head unit itself inside the vehicle. If you can mount a radio I wouldn't have thought you'd need help with the whip.

If you don't want to drill a hole in the roof to exit the cable feeder you could try try routing it up the A pillar, above the headlining to the back of the car and out through the rubber grommet/sleeve that takes power to the tailgate. I routed mine this way and it just fitted through the gap between the tailgate and body using RG58 cable. Lower loss RG213 was just a gnats too big and got pinched in the gap.

Do you have the UHF already? There are some good ones now that have all the controls on the mike and a small main body so you can tuck it away out of sight. Have been looking the ones with the remote fascia as no worries with mounting them with Velcro. I have the GME that is really small so fits in the cubby in the dash. Quite like the PTT button you can mount on the steering wheel for some models and have hands free to maybe give more options for mounting it like inside the centre cubby out of sight.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back