Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Aftermarket Alloys/Big Tyres

Jamsy

Country Flag
scotland
Looking for some wider, aftermarket alloys and big tyres for the Amazon. Going to stick with 16inch, can anyone recommend some rims? Or know of anyone selling any?
Also, what are 35’s like to run everyday? I’m running 33’s just now with a 2 or 3” lift.

Not many on here run 35s on a hundred.

If I were you look on mud as much more popular kind of thing on there.

What size wheels are you thinking of?

I’m thinking stick with the 16’s as I’d prefer bigger profile tyres than bigger rims.
Cheers, I’ll have a look on mud

Yeah AHC is long gone, I think it’s 2” but it might be 3.

Im running 265 75 16 cooper stt pro on my 100 and i like them speed is 3 to 4 mile under what is shown on speedo electric map shows correct speed do notice going uphill and towing a heavy trailer as bigger tyre size is like having an extra gear spose you could go 275 285 or 295 but you could have fouling issues then have to use wheel spacers or offset wheels so could be expensive in the end read up as much as you can as time wont cost you a wallet of cash

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
265/75r16s on a hundy are (imho) too close in rolling radius to oem, which is 275/70r16. (In fact I have that size on my Collie with 2" lift)

I believe you can easily go 285/75r16 with no mods or adverse effects on a hundy, so if you have a 2 or 3" lift, I be looking at that as a minimum. Looks good too!

I have 285 75 r16s on my 100, no lift (still AHC), no fouling. Spare is a little tight underneath but fits just.

Google images LX470 35's might give you some ideas .

My hundy is running Toyo Open Country A/T size LT285/75/R18 at the moment. PO fitted them along with 2" suspension lift & 40/50mm body lift. Re-geared it & added an electronic speed correction thingy! If you look in the My Garage for Jon Wildsmith you'll find a good read :sunglasses:

I am however struggling to find replacement A/T tyres in that size or anything near it so may be forced to put the muds on... 315/75/16 Coopers.

Jon also ran 36" knobbies on it, can't recall the tyre atm...

Cheers

This is mine with 275/65/18’s and a 2” lift, I think 275/70’s would be ideal but tricky to source over here. I would also need to change the tow bar set up to hang anything bigger underneath.

56997914-56DD-46FE-AF18-BEDB4F8AA62E.jpeg

Running 275/70/16 no lift. And so far loving it for offroading and town trips as well.

Back