Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ahc low light

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
i had a burst pipe replaced and rear springs ,the globe pressures ok.However the other day with six people aboard the low light came on when all had alighted the vehicle all was well again .When the garage blead the system they didnt use as much fluid as expexted , could air in the system cause this,the ride is fine
ive been driving around for a few days now and all is fine (unladen)

i had a burst pipe replaced and rear springs ,the globe pressures ok.However the other day with six people aboard the low light came on when all had alighted the vehicle all was well again .When the garage blead the system they didnt use as much fluid as expexted , could air in the system cause this,the ride is fine
ive been driving around for a few days now and all is fine (unladen)

Mine does this, when i have over 6 adults in, i was told it is normal a "false low" reading

Mine does this, when i have over 6 adults in, i was told it is normal a "false low" reading
Hi,

I don't know who gave you this info, but theres no such thing as a 'False Low' the AHC cannot give a false low, low is low, if you understand how the AHC system works then you will know why there can't be a false low.

If your AHC is going into 'low' without you putting the there, then there is something else wrong, the system is designed to carry 7 adults, and should stay in 'N'

Good Luck.

Hi,

I don't know who gave you this info, but theres no such thing as a 'False Low' the AHC cannot give a false low, low is low, if you understand how the AHC system works then you will know why there can't be a false low.

If you AHC is going into 'low' without you putting the there, then there is something else wrong, the system is designed to carry 7 adults, and should stay in 'N'

Good Luck.

I think it’s pump or pressure valve as it’s gone to low now and flashing off code c1762 pressure on techstream

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think it’s pump or pressure valve as it’s gone to low now and flashing off code c1762 pressure on techstream
In my humble opinion, I think you may have air in the system.

Check out AHC C1762 on mud.

Have a look at this, it may help.

Attachments

• C1762 pre Aug 2000 - m_di_0257(1).pdf
    85 KB · Views: 68
You can use a paperclip instead of the SST. You are shorting out 2 contacts (Ts and CG) in the DL3 connector.

There you go, a more knowledgeable member than me has jumped in.

Good luck.

Hi,

If your AHC is going into 'low' without you putting the there, then there is something else wrong, the system is designed to carry 7 adults, and should stay in 'N'

Good Luck.

Hi

I was told this when I had my torque converter replaced by Overland Cruisers a few years ago

my car has always read low when I have had 7 people in - it does not seem to physically go into the low height setting, the car still sits at the normal (to the Mk1 eyeball) height and drive normally,

and as soon as the 7 person gets out the dash light reads normal

but happy to be corrected, maybe height sensor is off

in fact I will bleed the system anyway - I have not done it for a while

Last edited:
Hi

I was told this when I had my torque converter replaced by Overland Cruisers a few years ago

my car has always read low when I have had 7 people in - it does not seem to physically go into the low height setting, the car still sits at the normal (to the Mk1 eyeball) height and drive normally,

and as soon as the 7 person gets out the dash light reads normal

but happy to be corrected, maybe height sensor is off

in fact I will bleed the system anyway - I have not done it for a while
It's not just a case of eye ball and changing the fluid, it's also a case of rear springs, torsion bars, ACCUMULATORs front and rear, AHC fluid, hight sensors, hydraulic rams, and other thing I can't think of at the moment, if you wan't to know why your Active Hight Control goes into 'Low' when you have 6 or 7 people in you car then ask someone who knows a lot about the subject, uHu or Paddo just to think of two off the top of my head.

But I can tell you there is no such thing as a 'flase low' and with all due respect to Overland Cruisers who are far more knowledgeable when it comes to 4x4's than I am, but I would ask the question, are they experts on how Toyota Active Height Control functions, and experts on the service and maintenance or Toyota AHC.

Toyota AHC is a service item just like any other suspension, and just like any other suspension if maintained well it will last the life of the car, but unfortunately there are not many people who understand how it works, and that includes Toyota mechanics at Toyota dealerships.

I am no expert on AHC by a long shot, but I do know that AHC will only go into 'L' or 'H' if you put it there, default is 'N' for normal, if it goes into 'L' or 'H' it's self then there is something wrong, or at least the warning of the start of something going wrong.

Just think, Toyota designed the 100 to seat 7, if the AHC kept going into 'low' when they were first sold there would have been thousands if not hundreds of thousands of complaints.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back