Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC Problem

perk423

Hi all

Usual massive newbie problem !!

Names Andy, owned my LC 100 for about 5 months , just experienced AHC failure, front end dropped right down, height control switch not functional. Managed to get the car home but now parked up, doesnt appear to have lost fluid, level has now risen well above top mark in reservoir.

No noise from air pump when ignition switched on.

I have no idea at all where to start with this.

So, can anyone refer me to any check/diagnose/repair information please ?

Any web page or link would be appreciated.

Andy

Checks the linkage on the front suspension height control sensors, located on the upper wishbones.
They have habit of failing, one of mine detached and the front dropped, back was fine usually no warning lamps as the ECU assumes all is ok.

Checks the linkage on the front suspension height control sensors, located on the upper wishbones.
They have habit of failing, one of mine detached and the front dropped, back was fine usually no warning lamps as the ECU assumes all is ok.

Hi

Thanks for quick reply, thats what the situation is, front down, back up, and no lights.

I'll jack it up and have a look tomorrow. Just too pi$$ed of with it to even bother today.

Felt like sending it to webuyanycar.com. and getting a Fiat Punto

Andy

No need to jack it up just look under the wheel arch right there in front of you.
Good luck.

No need to jack it up just look under the wheel arch right there in front of you.
Good luck.

No room for that, it's dropped so far that the top of the wheel is right up against the wheel arch.

Andy

Hi
Managed to get a look under it this morning, great result........height sensor link broken, so getting one sent for.

Really pleased it's nothing worse.

Thanks for input.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Perk 423, my LC200 also did exactly the same. Front end dropped completely and back end is high. I drove it about 100 miles in that position. Now if I need to drive it to garage I might have to drive another 40 miles. Can we drive car in such position

Back