Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

alarm goes off during remote door locking

lcprado

Hi, I use Landcruiser Prado 2004 model, A anytime I use the remote on the Key to lock the doors , the alarm goes off in a minute, However when I use the key to lock the doors manually the alarm does not disturb. Does anyone experience the same problem?

Try disabling the ultrasonic senors. Turn ignition off, press button next to reading light and arm alarm normally.
On a number of occasions I have had moths in the car, the last one smaller than my thumb nail, which trigger it at night. Nothing like the alarm going off at 2am :)

I noticed that the door indicator on the dashboard comes on when the doors are open but goes off when the doors are closed. Can dashboard indicator work well and the door latch misbehave?

Hello Crispin I could not find a button by the reading light except the switch for door/inside mode for the reading light. I need further assistance. Thanks

That sounds normal?

That reminds me, I had a problem with the rear door on my 120. The bump-stop that the switch pushes against had screwed itself in slightly which meant the switch was barely opening.
When it got really cold the switch would close (as if the door opened) and set of the alarm or, if driving, make the interior lights come on. A couple of turns of the bump-stop sorted the problem out.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Crispin I could not find a button by the reading light except the switch for door/inside mode for the reading light. I need further assistance. Thanks

What model do you have?

If memory serves, there is a recessed switch next to or near the reading light which disables the interior motion detection. If you don't have this switch then maybe your model does not have it or does not have the motion detection.

I dont think mine has it. Its 2004 from europe with spare tire at the bottom

Back