Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm keeps going off.

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
Hello fellow members not been on here for a few weeks due to house decorating.

My problem is in the rear of my 120 is an alarm in the rear drivers wing.
It just keeps going off on its own even with the engine running.
I have opened and closed the car from the key fob but to no avail.

Only thing that I have done differently was was my car. This apparently is a window breakage sensor.
I don't buy that as my phone holder fell off the dash the other day and both horn and the rear alarm and hazard lights all went off.

Any ideas or can I just disconnect the sensor when I find it.

Hi again Tony, just guessing mate, could it be something to do with the motion sensor button in the interior light housing above the rear view mirror. IIRC, this is supposed to turn off alarm etc, if you leave dogs, or dare I say it, kids in car.

Its not the parking sensor buzzer is it? Thats behind there I think.....

(Parking sensors - Tractionman's favourite!)

Hi again Tony, just guessing mate, could it be something to do with the motion sensor button in the interior light housing above the rear view mirror. IIRC, this is supposed to turn off alarm etc, if you leave dogs, or dare I say it, kids in car.
I pressed that last night but alarm went off again at 04.50 this morning so neighbour not going to be happy.

I found something strange tho.
After doing the hold 2 buttons down and reset I noticed that I seems to be a frequency issue as I went to the car it would go off only if I sttod still.
If I moved slightly it would start again an I was waving my hand across I signal and even with the alarm disableed it still carries on.
Gonna see if I can unplug it later as not going through that again.

Thanks for yyour information anyway

Yer, I know what you mean about pizzing neighbours off. haha
Some months ago, mine went off, fortunately around 8pm. I reset and a short while later it went off again.
It was windy that night, and although our yard is enclosed with 6' fencing, I assumed it was being buffeted.
I moved the cruiser to a different spot, in a different direction, and had no further problems.
I hope you get it sorted soon, and yes the disconnection would solve it permanently. !
Daft question, all your windows are fully closed ?

Good call, disconnecting those "bleeping" parking sensors, Tony. Thanks for reminder Karl. haha.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes all windows closed.
I have just finished work and went to investigate we're the siren was in the rear drivers wing.
Sod's law the minute you go to do something it's starts raining.
Since we had a wake up call thanks to my alarm going off I was not going to let the rain put me off.
I have disconnected a plug in the rear drivers wing and just set my alarm with me in the drivers seat.
Moving my hand the alarm went off with interior lights coming on hazards flashing and horn going off but no siren noise.
If it goes off off on its own what is its purpose as alarm works perfectly with it disconnected.
Will take a picture of the plug I disconnected when the rain stops to help other people who have the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Siren, what siren ? You mean there are 2 noise sources ? Never tested mine, and when it went off for no apparent reason, only the horn sounded. (+ hazards flashing)

This is the rear back panel hiding the culprit.

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_080958.jpg
    IMG_20201219_080958.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 227
This is the plug causing all the earache so just unplug and it is the end of you nightmare.

Attachments

• IMG_20201219_081012.jpg
    IMG_20201219_081012.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20201219_081023.jpg
    IMG_20201219_081023.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 224
Update on my alarm going off as since disconnecting the rear plug in the above pictutre my alarm has not gone off since.

Back