Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Alarm problems

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
My alarm is going off for no apparent reason. It has now done this on and off for two days. It is a bit windy but nothing that should cause an alarm to go off. Plus, I am sure it has been windy since I got the Cruiser about a month ago. I can't find anywhere in the handbook that mentions the alarm is this because there wasn't one fitted by the factory and mine is an after-market offering? My Cruiser is a 2001 model. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

For most markets, the LC 100 are fitted with factory alarm.
The reasons i've seen for the alarm going off are:
1: Water ingress in a plug in the lower, left corner of the upper tailgate. (connects to the door lock)
2: Something hitting the car, like a football or a falling branch.

A bit of info on your cruiser will help us helping you. Why not make a signature with the details?

How mads this... my alarm spent most of yesterday going off as well. Strange thing is it seems fine if I lock it with the spare key, but if use the key I always use it goes off randomly. Could it be a dead battery in the key??? The cruiser is an 06'

Are there back up batteries in the alarm system ? I would like to know this.

My 04 alarm kept going off one day a few years ago. It has not done it since and I can't replicate the fault. Is there siren plus car horn going off ?

It turns out that corrosion in the siren and connections was the problem. Many thanks for all your help and advice. This is a great forum.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back