Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

am i having my chain pulled?

goodoldboy

Like most people on this forum i tend to look for alternatives to the main stealer when looking for parts so having sourced a s/h bit at a fraction of the toyota price i was made up :icon-biggrin: the problem is that now almost 2(yes two) months down the line still no part ,just a long drawn out saga of 3rd party culpability,enough e-mails & messages to fill a small book.Even more galling is the fact that i didnt order a new part from Australia as i thought that the delivery time of 3 - 4 weeks was a bit long (a uk supplier of the part - not normally stocked - offered to to include it in their next order so no shipping cost).:angry-screaming:
The seller has now been quite for almost a week,despite emails ,messages & even posts on his FB page - maybe he ha gone on his hols - i run two small businesses here & check for messages at least once a day when im away but im beyond caring i just want an answer.

My LC is a daily drive needed for work & the lack of this part has caused wear & tear on other components,so im going to bite the bullet & go to the main dealer.Needless to say im now thinking about some recompense from the seller.
So what next folks? name & shame? revenge?:angry-cussingwhite:

Sorry to say, it looks like they have stiffed you, if from e blag, go to resolution centre - have got money back this way, S.C. court? Definately name, so others on here avoid.

John

If you paid with paypal its worth calling them directly , ebays complaints procedure is farcical but i spoke to paypal about a similar problem and my money was back in my account before i put the phone down .

If they have your money and you don't have your part, then you've been had, simple.

Whether they rectify this or not will be the test, but it's not a good start that they don't make themselves available to comment.

Send them a parcel bomb, see what happens then, b'stards. JMHO.:lol:

If you paid by bank transfer you can also request that the bank reverse this - it's a PITA but they will do it eventually.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you paid by bank transfer you can also request that the bank reverse this - it's a PITA but they will do it eventually.

there is a time limit to this, it might be 45 days, check with your bank.

first of all thanks for all the advice about recovering the money,unfortunately i foolishly pay paled the money as a gift at the sellers request.On the bright side its only 55 quid but of course its the principle that counts.Ive bent over backwards to give the seller a chance to put this right, letv alone the issue of a badly worn tyre caused by running with a broken anti roll bar, but havent heard anything for 9 (nine) days now so it only remains to say that the seller is humber 4x4 ,run by our fellow forum member chrisgreen 90 - i know you are lurking out there chris so last chance to settle this amicably

Hi goodoldboy i understand your frustration but i wouldn't jump the gun as it where , Chris is well known to many members of the forum not just via a keyboard . I was lucky enough to get him on the phone recently and your problems a likely due to the fact he is very busy , for me the proof of that is his absence from the forum when works slow he's a regular on here but when times are busy he may not post for weeks at a time . Frustrating as the wait may be i am confident there is no dishonesty involved and your money is safe .

Knowing Chris I just can't imagine him stiffing you, I would think Shayne is most probably right.

Chris us a decent chap, no foul play here I'm sure. Panic not, it'll be sorted out.

Pm sent as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi goodoldboy i understand your frustration but i wouldn't jump the gun as it where .
jump the gun? c mon its been 2 months since i paid for the part & ive had no response from chris for weeks.iv now ordered a toyota part so it only remains for chris to return my money and i hope offer something to compensate me for my worn tyre.As for being busy i am as well & this has just added to my workload.

Worn tyre because of an anti-roll bar? How does this happen?

If the bar is broken or bent, just remove it, the car can live without it. Then whenever you get a new one, replace it - if you still think it's needed.

Worn tyre because of an anti-roll bar? How does this happen?

If the bar is broken or bent, just remove it, the car can live without it. Then whenever you get a new one, replace it - if you still think it's needed.

I was trying to fathom that one as well Philip :think:, still am...

Chris is a good chap and will not rip you off.

I would like to hear how a arb will cause tyre wear?
All thats in the bar are some bushes and these cost nothing to buy so i am surprised somebody would buy a second hand arb to replace some bushes that in all fairness would cost £30 max for pattern parts.

Stu

Chris is a good chap and will not rip you off.

I would like to hear how a arb will cause tyre wear?
All thats in the bar are some bushes and these cost nothing to buy so i am surprised somebody would buy a second hand arb to replace some bushes that in all fairness would cost £30 max for pattern parts.

Stu
stu the bar is broken.also all the front end suspension bushes were replaced less than 2 years ago so not sure what else has caused the tyre wear http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/52074-lazing-on-a-sunday-afternoon
here in spain removing the anti roll bar is considered a major modification so an engineers report is needed as well as a fresh MOT or your insurance is invalid not to mention the fine & points if you get pulled...... and yes ive had coppers here looking underneath the truck , for drugs or weapons! ive emailed chris asking for my money back so lets see if i get a response.

thats mad to see the anti roll bar snap like that.

could you please post a picture of your tyre where and will have alook at it to see what could cause it. it cant be the anti roll bar when did the tyre start to wear?

I have had bushes worn out within 2 years before when abused alot.

stu

anti roll bars tend to work harden with age - the rear snapped 2 years ago.The truck gets off roaded regularly but not what i would call abuse.will try & post a photo of the tyre when i get time but the inside sholder is worn & the car has a "shimmy" at speeds above 50 mph.the tyres were put on last march new & the other 3 are all worn evenly - ive done about 9000 miles since

is the wear only on one tyre or both as most of the time inside is tracking but then it would be on both.

Its unlikely the arb will cause Tyre wear but it still doesn't take away from the fact that the op bought and paid for an item in good faith and still hasn't got it so no matter what the situation of how good a bloke the seller is I think its still a bit out of order.

Back