Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

am i the first in the U.K?

hairyguy4

well i think i may be the first in the u.k to have had this done, say hello to my 3 linked rear suspension

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6m4W9x ... ideo_title
dunno how to embed??

so far impressions are good, flex is massively increased with pretty much zero axle steer, only a small bit more body roll on corners but will be fitting an anti roll bar for on road with disconnects for off, back end doesn't squat under acceleration and because of lack of space i now have a straight through pipe :mrgreen: alot more droop is achieved now and alot more up travel aswell so am glad i only went with 33's and not 35's

what dya think?

Jack :thumbup:

You've turned it into a land rover!

Looks like a good idea, we need pictures of the mods

Loving the urban off roading

nah none of that top a frame rubbish here ;) is a single top link using trail gear creeper joints and 6mm wall seamless

wasn't me who done the work, was a mate who is a welder by trade

10871_Image2342_2.jpg

10871_Image2345_2.jpg

10871_Image2365_1.jpg

10871_Image2364_1.jpg

10871_Image2377_1.jpg

10871_Image2379_1.jpg

10871_Image2376_1.jpg

10871_Image2372_1.jpg

spring retainers
10871_Image2404_1.jpg

dislocation cones
10871_Image2405_1.jpg

size of the joints!
10871_Image2324_1.jpg

max droop
cruiserflex1.jpg

max compression
cruiserflex2.jpg

that flexes superbly.we,re going be at mud monsters on the 19th .i,d like have a good look at that suspension set up.maybe you could ask your friend if he could fabricate a similar set up for my lj ?pm me if he,s interested in doing it and if so a ball park figure on cost.cheers

great articulation. :clap:

i cant tell exactly how youve done it from the pics. did you have to weld much to the chassis, or was most of it bolt on? :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Like that a lot :thumbup:

would love to see how you'd get similar from the front end

ben said:
great articulation. :clap:

i cant tell exactly how youve done it from the pics. did you have to weld much to the chassis, or was most of it bolt on? :thumbup:

was all weld on :thumbup:

Job excellent done, congrats! :)
Is this the current state or there are more things that we would wait to see?

What about the front axle? :)

Beautiful job you have done there...and what a sexy lookin front bumper..:icon-biggrin:

Job excellent done, congrats! :)
Is this the current state or there are more things that we would wait to see?

What about the front axle? :)

nothing yet on the front axle, i keep toying with the idea of 3 linking the front aswell but i think a rear difflock will come 1st though, have done a few external mods

Beautiful job you have done there...and what a sexy lookin front bumper..:icon-biggrin:

cheers :icon-cool: i added a winch mount to the truck so redesigned the bumper brackets to fit and lifted the bumper around 1.5" aswell along with remaking the rear bumper with corner protection

220120132176.jpg

240120132184.jpg

170920121966.jpg

140820121903.jpg

Back