Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazon fire stick help needed

joinerman

Garage
Want to get a fire stick but unsure which one to get, firstly i assume they plug into an HDMI port, ( no USB ) on our set, secondly there are various ones ranging from £30 then £40 then a jump to £90, i'm not into all this Alexa malarky but would welcome advice.

If you already have a laptop just plug that into your tv. Open amazon on the internet

I had a laptop until two minutes after I posted this then hard drive failure Grrrrrr
On an iPad now and don’t like it

I'd go with the cheapest one tbh, if you invest in a new "smart" TV chances are it will have apps for all the video streaming services built in.

Ive got the £30 one plugged into an older LED TV and it does the job jut fine.

To answer your question though, Yes it plugs into the HDMI port.

Thanks Rosy, we haven’t got a smart tv so looks like a cheap one then seeing as I have to get another laptop as well

My only advice is to not to watch TV and communicate with the people around you.

I believe that watching TV is a waste of time and to think of how much more you can progress without it!

Sorry to say! But that's where it stands with me...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the basic Fire Stick plugged into a £30 telly with HDMI off Gumtree. I only use it for YouTube but it works really well.

Think about a Roku device as well?

It plays most streaming services well, and does not have the ability to listen to everything said in the house or take over your soul.

Not as tightly integrated into Amazon but plays ask the videos and audio subscriptions and prime.

Just my 2p

Back