Amazon fire stick help needed

joinerman

Mar 23, 2010
Great Missenden Bucks
Garage
Want to get a fire stick but unsure which one to get, firstly i assume they plug into an HDMI port, ( no USB ) on our set, secondly there are various ones ranging from £30 then £40 then a jump to £90, i'm not into all this Alexa malarky but would welcome advice.

stumog

I am in england
Oct 3, 2012
If you already have a laptop just plug that into your tv. Open amazon on the internet

Rosy

Supporter
I am in uk
Sep 28, 2016
Chorleywood
I'd go with the cheapest one tbh, if you invest in a new "smart" TV chances are it will have apps for all the video streaming services built in.

Ive got the £30 one plugged into an older LED TV and it does the job jut fine.

To answer your question though, Yes it plugs into the HDMI port.

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

iwan_t24

I am in wales
Mar 28, 2011
Mid Wales
My only advice is to not to watch TV and communicate with the people around you.

I believe that watching TV is a waste of time and to think of how much more you can progress without it!

Sorry to say! But that's where it stands with me...

Jacob100

Supporter
Dec 15, 2017
Sheffield
I have the basic Fire Stick plugged into a £30 telly with HDMI off Gumtree. I only use it for YouTube but it works really well.

GeekOKent

Supporter
I am in uk
Jul 1, 2013
London, by day.. Kent, by choice
Think about a Roku device as well?

It plays most streaming services well, and does not have the ability to listen to everything said in the house or take over your soul.

Not as tightly integrated into Amazon but plays ask the videos and audio subscriptions and prime.

Just my 2p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks