Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazon

Dark Dude

Would here refer to a 200 Series as a "Amazon"?

John

The Dark Dude

Nope - it's called the 'Land Cruiser V8' - we only get the TD version here, but both petrol and diesel are V8's

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm being very good so Father Christmas will bring me one - one day :lol:

Not another Amazon pleeeeese.

The two we have get confusing enough :roll:

I asked because I recently brought a Dog Guard off ebay for my truck only to discover on getting it home (and after travelling 120 miles) that it wouldn't fit. The following is a reply from the asshole seller trying to justify his actions:

"Dear bigbang70_0,

The advert was described exactly as below (I have copied and pasted the exact wording):

Toyota Landcruiser V8 Dog Guard

Black metal dog guard for Toyota Landcruiser V8/Amazon model, 2008 to present. Excellent condition, almost brand new. With all fittings.

- steph04g"

So now I need to modify this dog guard so I'm able to secure it to the car. Can anybody help me out? The next time I go to Lincoln, I'm going to come packing......

John

The Dark Dude.

AFAIK there are only 2 amazon, the 100 and the later 80 were called amazon like mine.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

The clue is in the 2008 to present part ;) They're usually quite flimsy things to modify so my advice would be to sell it and find the correct one.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
The clue is in the 2008 to present part ;) They're usually quite flimsy things to modify so my advice would be to sell it and find the correct one.

Weird thing is I don't think that my Dog Guard is for a "2008 to present" Toyota Land Cruiser LC200. I've done some checking and I think it's for a Prado/Colorado which is a totally different animal altogether. I also think it's older than 2008. That being the case the guard is narrower than the interior of a LC100, so the mountings will need to be padded out to fill the gap. On the good side, it does "fit", it just can't be secured as present and it's also a very solid bit of kit. I don't envisage messing around with the guard itself but I still think something can be done to "clamp" it into the car. It's brought now and I've learned a lesson and I'm afraid I'm just going to have to get on with it. As for the SOB who ripped me off, I hope he rots in hell!

John

The Dark Dude.

Forgive me if i'm a little confused, but your truck is a 2000 and the guard is for a 2008 to present.

Paul

The production of the LC100 was between 1998–2007 with the crossover period (from LC100 to LC200) being between 2007-2008. So technically speaking my truck is still within the remit of the advert ie: Its a V8 Toyota Land Cruiser "Amazon". Alas the supplied dog guard wouldn't have fitted into a new Toyota LC200 anyway as it came out of a Prado. So pray tell, exactly WHAT IS YOUR POINT? This SOB ripped me off and if you can't see that.......

John

The Dark Dude

I think Paul's point is caveat emptor on fleabay and secondly the "2008 to date" bit should have got your suspicions up. As you pointed out yourself, the 100 series stopped in 2007(ish) ;)

OK, if it's a Prado one, then it's been misrepresented but even if you'd bought what was described, it still would not have been perfect. Bummer that you got the wrong thing - I think everyone that's bought something off ebay has been through this at some stage!

Andrew

Like I said in a previous post, it's a lesson learned. Hopefully one day (soon) the scumbag in question will get his just rewards and be run over by a Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 (2008-to present day) fully loaded with a ARB bumper and warn winch. Now that would be a result!

John

The Dark Dude

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

Dark Dude said:
Andrew

Like I said in a previous post, it's a lesson learned. Hopefully one day (soon) the scumbag in question will get his just rewards and be run over by a Toyota Land Cruiser LC200 (2008-to present day) fully loaded with a ARB bumper and warn winch. Now that would be a result!

John

The Dark Dude

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

We've all been ripped off on ebay - but you actually collected this item - not clear whether you inspected this at the time or not but it looks like more than one person made a mistake.......

Get a bit more relaxed about things - at least you've got an item to sell. Last week I got the chance to reimburse someone £100 for an item he claimed he'd never received....

Back