Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

an Early summer meeting 2016

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
hi Everyone,

Last years later summer bbq thread transmorgified into a, what I thought was, a largely successful meetup at the Adventure Overland show. Maybe that might be something worth pursuing as an annual thing for the club ?

Do we know when lincomb is happening next ? there was some chatter about an early meetup in April perhaps ?

As an additional / alternative meetup - do we want to hit the salisbury plains for a bit of 4x4 + camping weekend in June/July timeframe ?

- KB

Yes I'd be interested in that.

Definitely interested - no idea if I can make it or not yet though :)

I was going to suggest a early social at lincomb if tony didnt mind again. Just same as the last one. Id defo be up for overland show club meet as I really enjoyed it. I would also be interested in the plains if you decide to sort that one out :thumbup:

Sounds like a great idea

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Maria and I would make it a priority, we always enjoy the social side, also it's great to see new members for a second time.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We could do a campsite near Salisbury plan then people can go and do some nice easy lanes or harder things if they want. Salisbury is easiest over a bank holiday which would be easter so an extra night of drinking!!!!

If the plan is to go onto the Plains it'd be worth checking what the dates are going to be for training.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thats why I suggested a bank holiday they have the most open on those days. The rest of the time is alot harder to sort out

There are a few 4x4 clubs heading out there in the summer . One option might be to tag along one of those trips ?

Best doing our own thing no? Depends what you want to do tho, if it's more of a social with a bit of laning, somewhere more central might be better to make it easier for Northern members attend, or just go Lincomb.

If it's more of a laning trip with a bit of a social, why not go for somewhere epic, the plains is OK and all, good for winter as non of the tracks have seasonal TROs (yet, but coming) it's usually full of less experienced people who don't know how to plan proper laning trips, and those who are rather casual about legality of routes. You won't know weather there is live firing until the monthly diary comes out at the start of the month you want to go. Same goes for Sennybridge ranges, tho the advantage there is you're just South of some epic welsh lanes!

Central: Landy zone had a camp/gathering at Stanford Hall, Leics. Big camping field for the marquee, Loads of lanes to do a couple of day routes.
Epic: Wales, Lakes, Yorks dales, Marlborough downs etc.

Just some ideas. It's all well n good me gobbing off, I'm not sure I can even go yet :whistle: Can help plan a route tho :)

Personally for me I'd rather us do are own thing. I'd go with anything though

I'm in as well, but i'd rather be in a picturesque sorroundings with a few lakes than a muddy field :)

Right folks,

So how does the 30th Apr to 2nd May sound ? it covers most bases and concerns brought up so far..

btw, I dont have a perspective on how the limcomb meets work - are those predecided dates with camp + play ? or are those fixed up as-we-go ? Also, I thought, perhaps wrongly, that limcomb was a 4x4 event, with all makes and clubs etc in the mix rather than just a cruiser crew ?

Finally, for the northerners, maybe something in the Yorkshire area say 29/30/31 July ? I realise that might not be north enough for some of the scotland based crew, but I cant really offer to org something any further up than that!

regards

Any yes/no ? I realise this is a way away yet, but as bank holidays go it might be the earliest we can expect non freezing camping weather.

I can add that to the diary KB if that's when we're going for.

Lincomb is just our group event/meet although we don't mind a few non. Cruiser guys coming.

Right folks,

So how does the 30th Apr to 2nd May sound ? it covers most bases and concerns brought up so far..
I thought, perhaps wrongly, that limcomb was a 4x4 event, with all makes and clubs etc in the mix rather than just a cruiser crew ?

regards
Dates should be OK. Usually it's other club members who have fallen on hard times and have been forced to drive lesser makes, makes that should not be mentioned. :eusa-naughty:

What do you guys think of http://greenhillfarm.co.uk/ as a potential base camp ? they have an area they are willing to set aside for the group. Its family friendly, and there are reasonable resources on site, in the area. But is it convenient enough for lanes ?

As an option there is also http://www.stonehengecampsite.co.uk/group_bookings which is no where near stonehenge itself, but does group bookings too - and seems to have a good setup, family friendly, groups are ok.

Since we are trying to hit a bank holiday in the summer'ish months, I'd like to get the reservations for the camp site in nice and early.

regards,

Both look in a good location to start from doing.trips around the plains.

Back