DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1224.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

still gotta weld the fairlead on ... but my little 100 amp stick welder isn't man enough to do it ...

nice and discreet Carl. :thumbup:

2 questions.

1. why cant you bolt the fairlead on?

2. how do you reach the free spool lever? :)

Ben said:
nice and discreet Carl. :thumbup:

2 questions.

1. why cant you bolt the fairlead on?

2. how do you reach the free spool lever? :)

answers are ...
1 cos theres no room to get the bolts in ...the tray is only just big enough tofit the winch (9.5 tds goldfish ...from David Bowyer at goodwinch.com)

2 put my hand through the gap in the bumer next the DRL's

hope that helps

IMG_0655.jpg

i have welded two winch trays together so mounting the fairlead was possible and i have moved the free spool lever round iam going to weld a tie bar to it and have it sticking out the bumper.

I can get to my clutch lever fine without turning the whole thing through 90 degrees. ..

like the fairlead idea tho .. :thumbup:

The 9.5 spools out under power so well that I never use the free spool which I can get to with ease. I wouldn't worry if I couldn't get to my lever. On the rear winch I have, the lever is under the truck. So I don't use that one either. The sexy option of course is the air operated free spool that I stuck on Lil Blue. It's tidy!

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
The sexy option of course is the air operated free spool that I stuck on Lil Blue. It's tidy!
Chris

Very nice it is indeed, so long as you remember to flick the swich back so that the winch engages :oops:

Ahh, but you can link it to your remote. If you have a Lodar multi port one, you can trigger it from 100 m away.

Chris

Did look at those at some point, but decided a second switch in the cab was much cheaper, especially when I need to sit and press the brake peddle seeing as the hand brake is useless :lol:

Back