Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Cruiser

big-yin

Country Flag
scotland
Afternoon

Next year I'm moving to Scotland and my intention is to take two Cruisers with me. I have a 100 already and while not perfect and needing a bit of work done, I absolutely love it but I'd like to pick up an 80 too, probably crazy I know :)

From my little knowledge the 4.2 TD 24v is the one to go for over a 12v, other than that is there any reason I shouldn't look at a petrol/petrol + LPG?

Very much looking forward to the finding process and increasing my knowledge this time before buying.

Thanks

Michael

Afternoon

Next year I'm moving to Scotland and my intention is to take two Cruisers with me. I have a 100 already and while not perfect and needing a bit of work done, I absolutely love it but I'd like to pick up an 80 too, probably crazy I know :)

From my little knowledge the 4.2 TD 24v is the one to go for over a 12v, other than that is there any reason I shouldn't look at a petrol/petrol + LPG?

Very much looking forward to the finding process and increasing my knowledge this time before buying.

Thanks

Michael

Something like this ticks quite a few boxes for me:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/525859581320015/?ref=messenger_banner

Afternoon

Thanks

Michael
Not crazy at all, quite the opposite, in fact, buying an 80 should be regarded as the epitome of sanity..

Both diesels are a good engine. You can't go wrong with either.
The 24 valve has more tuning potential.

That ones close to me if you want it looked at

Not crazy at all, quite the opposite, in fact, buying an 80 should be regarded as the epitome of sanity..

Both diesels are a good engine. You can't go wrong with either.
The 24 valve has more tuning potential.

Thanks, I found this one close to me, seems tidy and has had some work done: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

I'm just a bit concerned about having a petrol/LPG up north and availability of the lpg side.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Happy to mate.

It looks like a alright one but would say it's a bit over priced with the mileage

Happy to mate.

It looks like a alright one but would say it's a bit over priced with the mileage

Yes plus its been on sale for a bit and he's moving back to oz so may be a bit of movement. I have another one up in Lincolnshire on the list, manual 24v 96 but I see someone from here got in just before me and is going to see it tomorrow morning.

Sorry, can't help with the lighter fuel 80s..
:)

I'd just take the lpg off and not use it.

I cant stand lpg to be honest

I’ve had a couple of vehicles with lpg. No issues at all as long as it’s the right system correctly installed, and the savings are considerable.

On an 80 series they use it like billy-o. I've had 2 and they used fuel like no tomorrow gas and petrol.

I used a petrol one in SA and that worked at to 17mpg on trips. Which I didnt think was bad. Towing a trailer and 140km on the highway

Back