Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Noob, with a broken 80, Finland

Turbobanana

Hello all, been directed here by faither.
The name? Well my 4x2 toy is a bright yellow turbo Miata, (insert hair dressing joke here) other wise I'm known as James on a good day.
My Cruiser: is a 1993 80 series Auto with a 1hdt

Mods on your Cruiser:Well as I only had it 4 weeks before the turbo shat itself and puked oil into the motor the only mod it had was a large oil cooler for the tranny

Plans for your Cruiser: I bought the TLC with a view to making it a semi work vehicle that will double up as road trip vehicle for the family. I swore it would stay stock when I bought it, I almost believed myself, first plan was major service of all moving wearing joints and then a roof tent. Now it sits at the workshop with a Wink 4x4 stage 1. 5 turbo with intercooler working it's way in and some new gauges to monitor what's going on.

4x4 Experience: started out with a budget banger Suzuki Vitara that dad and I went halfers on I guess about 15years ago, did a few trials in Scotland with Scottish Off Road Club, then one day decided I wanted more so I entered the Ladoga trophy in 2006,and again for about 5 years in a row in some form or another.

Anything else you think is interesting or relevant: mmm basically enjoy all things motored, no one form is the best as each has its merits, used to have a radio show called Far Beyond Driven based in the idea that the love for motoring goes beyond just driving or riding. Usually we're all just petrol heads who enjoy a hobby that is engine derived

If you git this far then well done

20181030_184747.jpg

Hi James and Welcome. Great intro AND a pic on the first post! :clap:
Not so great your truck has had turbo problems. I hope you’ve not had metal fragments sucked into the engine, I’m guessing not as you’re adding a new turbo and intercooler. Let’s have some photos of that as you go along on a new thread. It will be good to see the recovery.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Hi James and Welcome. Great intro AND a pic on the first post! :clap:
Not so great your truck has had turbo problems. I hope you’ve not had metal fragments sucked into the engine, I’m guessing not as you’re adding a new turbo and intercooler. Let’s have some photos of that as you go along on a new thread. It will be good to see the recovery.

Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

And that garage..... :shock: .... clean....

Welcome aboard James (is it a good enough day?) :lol::thumbup:

Hi James, bad news about the 80. Hope you get it sorted.

Your radio show sounds right up my katu (as long as it's not in Finnish). Any episodes available online?

Last edited:
Hi James, bad news about the 80. Hope you get it sorted.

Your radio show sounds right up my katu (as long as it's not in Finnish). Any episodes available online?

Just been to search soundcloud but seems when they sold the station they pulled the tracks.

We are mid house sale / purchase and move, once we get settled again I'll try to post some more

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back