Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another one to avoid.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Went to see this today :-

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ored&model=LAND CRUISER&price-to=10000&page=1

Although not for me I took a neighbor today to view the above as she is wanting to upgrade her 98 Collie for something better as she'd been impressed with the 120 I'd bought. The Collie is now running well but needs a ton of remedial work so rather than spend on the Collie she'd prefer something better/newer.

Anyway an hour up the motorway we got there and viewed.

!st impressions, not bad but get up closer scratched to death, especially round the handles of all the doors. Interior was good, drivers seat and steering wheel very good condition as was most of the rest of it. Wheels must have been rough, quick wire brush and aerosol and still looked rough. Inner wings ( under the bonnet) all covered in mud so only minimal prep for sale.
Underneath, well just like every one I turned down when looking for mine, a pier springs to mind. The inner sills would need plating within a year and the chassis was very crusty and full of dried mud.
The engine sounded well, as it should at the mileage but didn't bother with a test drive as we'd lost interest after looking underneath.

This just re enforces the need to look at the state of the underneath of 90's and 120's. Its easy to get carried away with the 120's modern looks and assume the bottom is like the top.

Oh well, onto the next she comes up with.

P.S. If anyone comes across a really tidy LC3/4 preferably an 05 can you let me know thanks.

Went to see this today :-

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201810081298713?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&price-from=9000&radius=1501&colour=Green&advertising-location=at_cars&make=TOYOTA&postcode=s251yf&sort=sponsored&model=LAND CRUISER&price-to=10000&page=1

Although not for me I took a neighbor today to view the above as she is wanting to upgrade her 98 Collie for something better as she'd been impressed with the 120 I'd bought. The Collie is now running well but needs a ton of remedial work so rather than spend on the Collie she'd prefer something better/newer.

Anyway an hour up the motorway we got there and viewed.

!st impressions, not bad but get up closer scratched to death, especially round the handles of all the doors. Interior was good, drivers seat and steering wheel very good condition as was most of the rest of it. Wheels must have been rough, quick wire brush and aerosol and still looked rough. Inner wings ( under the bonnet) all covered in mud so only minimal prep for sale.
Underneath, well just like every one I turned down when looking for mine, a pier springs to mind. The inner sills would need plating within a year and the chassis was very crusty and full of dried mud.
The engine sounded well, as it should at the mileage but didn't bother with a test drive as we'd lost interest after looking underneath.

This just re enforces the need to look at the state of the underneath of 90's and 120's. Its easy to get carried away with the 120's modern looks and assume the bottom is like the top.

Oh well, onto the next she comes up with.

P.S. If anyone comes across a really tidy LC3/4 preferably an 05 can you let me know thanks.
You could try Higgy his is good underneath , but maybe he is starting to bond with his LC5 now he has sorted the 2p jobs it needed , but you could still ask .

I know exactly what you mean about a pier Andy. I’ve seen one and that’s how I described it. Shocking was another word used.

You could try Higgy his is good underneath , but maybe he is starting to bond with his LC5 now he has sorted the 2p jobs it needed , but you could still ask .

TBH Tony I'm trying to steer her away from an LC5 with things like an out of date sat nav system and an unnecessarily complicated suspension system she doesn't need. The simpler the better. The Collie has served her well and she will keep it on site for her equestrian business running bales to fields, fencing posts etc. A really tidy Collie would do but where is there one??

Is hers the one you see just as you drive into the village?

I cant believe hes asking 9 grand for it Andy.. iv got mine up on ebay too cheap, looking at that one. See post B1153 Fault. iv just posted it on there to show Tony Im not suggesting buy it.. but more to compare

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just had a look Higgy and I think its priced to sell. Is yours the 4 spd auto model?

Just had a look Higgy and I think its priced to sell. Is yours the 4 spd auto model?
You no what Andy I guess it must be.. 4sp. Im embarrassed to say it but iv driven it so little that iv never counted the gear changes, or taken any notice. It must be 4 speed.. To be Honest

Last edited:
Back