Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any 12v flood light recommendations?

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Had my first recovery last night on the way home, old lady in a fiesta couldn't get up or out of a dip/hill!

Needed a light to see where I was hooking onto her side, trusty iPhone light was used but I want something more substantial.

Been looking at various 10_20watt lights on eBay. Must be able to be charged from 12v socket. Anyone bought one before?

There's all sorts of versions of these at varying prices. All about the same and not bad to be fair. For me, they store like trying to get a cat in a cat basket and they don't take much punishment. If you've got somewhere to put it and it's not going to be knocked or banged then it should be fine. I know of one of the larger ones thats so beaten and abused that the whole front has broken off but the thing refuses to die.

Ended up buying one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30W-Cool-...%3A169778ae1600aadc35a1167ffff478c0%7Ciid%3A1

Went for one that takes replaceable rechargeable batterys as id be pi55ed off if an internal battery lost its capacity over time, but it can still be recharged by the socket. 30W should be bright enough, and it will probably live in the boot beside the chainsaw (that's now a permanent feature :tongueclosed:)

Review to come, will see if it lasts, as long as the LED behaves the rest of it can be remanufactured :sunglasses:

Two small led lights wired up and mounted on rear, handy for reverseing aswell

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Two small led lights wired up and mounted on rear, handy for reverseing aswell

I'm also considering this, replaced the reversing lights with led bulbs but wouldn't mind some switchable work lights too. My rear windows are like 90% tint so have trouble at night.

Back