Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any one near Blackpool

A fine year and a fine colour too.

12, The way i understand it, and of course anyone can change a grill but if it sats toyoya its a 12 and if it has the toyota symbol its a 24, and then theres petrols just to confuse me.

12, The way i understand it, and of course anyone can change a grill but if it sats toyoya its a 12 and if it has the toyota symbol its a 24, and then theres petrols just to confuse me.
Ah! Eh!.. Is that good. 12v/24v Don't know the pro's and con's only what I read on the forum...24V is best apparently. Don't know

no idea, only ever driven mine. Im sure one of the more knowlegable types will be along soon

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
no idea, only ever driven mine. Im sure one of the more knowlegable types will be along soon

Don't know about knowledgeable but I've had both and they are a bit different in their power delivery lower down. The 24 valve heads were introduced as an emissions thing I seem to remember at the time as the 12V engine wasn't the cleanest burning .
That one above is a 12 valve VX auto, the 24 valve engines weren't introduced till aug 95. I'd approach this one with caution although at the price you have a lot of "project" wiggle money.
With my limited experience and looking at that one and where the rust bubbles are coming I'd say ( including time) you would be better off spending twice as much on a Cruiser twice as good and driving it off straight away.
We see someone on the forum asking about engine breathing at the same mileage. Unless you've got great workshop facilities and a ton of free time "projects" can run away with time and money. I'm just refurbishing the wings off the 97 Amazon ( ion my spare time) and I'm probably into the third week.
Just saying like, from experience.

Thanks for the Heads up. I have a good idea of what would entail.. but the ones on ebay for 6 grand are not worth 6 grand IMO.. and even they could become a project.. Il have them wings when your done with 'Em':lol: Blackpool is a long way from Sandwich.... jeeez!.. been looking at train/bus to Blackpool and risk driving it back might have to set up a members relay/recovery service 'en route'...:thumbup: Not heard back from the seller...

Thanks for the Heads up. I have a good idea of what would entail.. but the ones on ebay for 6 grand are not worth 6 grand IMO.. and even they could become a project.. Il have them wings when your done with 'Em':lol: Blackpool is a long way from Sandwich.... jeeez!.. been looking at train/bus to Blackpool and risk driving it back might have to set up a members relay/recovery service 'en route'...:thumbup: Not heard back from the seller...
Its been for sale a long time that one. I'd have thought if it was any good it would have been sold at that money. Never know though might be a decent buy just been overlooked. You could probably bid him down a bit too since its been hanging around.

Mot history looks really quite decent on that green truck to be fair. No rot mentioned and passed 10 times in a row. Might be worth a look.

This is going to end up cheap and its only 3 roads from our house. I drive past it 4-6 times a week and often wondered to call and see what its all about. Its been in the same spot for a good long time.

.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-A...h=item3b21dbacc0:g:sJMAAOSwb-Rb5DJy:rk:1:pf:0
Worksops a bit nearer than Blackpool... my old stomping ground (Mansfield)... If you care to take a peek Andy Id be indebted.. Whats with the O ring, does he mean piston rings..? Shame about the wheels

Mot history looks really quite decent on that green truck to be fair. No rot mentioned and passed 10 times in a row. Might be worth a look.
Iv asked him to explain a bit clearer about the areas that need attention.. I think its panels. you can see the odd patch but it doesn't show clear enough the areas he mentions.... Agree MOT history looked ok..

I can go tomorrow if you arrange it, let me know and I'll report back. I always knew it was an early one with it having the smaller wheel arches on.

I can go tomorrow if you arrange it, let me know and I'll report back. I always knew it was an early one with it having the smaller wheel arches on.
Let me see if I can contact him and il get back to you ... Thanks

Back