Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any one recognise this

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
Any one Know where this goes/ whats this Hope someone would recognise the triangle/ish shape its just above Transfer Box there are two other cables there also that are connected.. Could it be CDL related? Pics arent Brill.

DSCF9700.JPG DSCF9701.JPG DSCF9702.JPG DSCF9703.JPG

I've no idea but had yours had a cdl switch fitted? I'm sure something gets unplugged for one of those

I've no idea but had yours had a cdl switch fitted? I'm sure something gets unplugged for one of those
When i engage CDL.. Nothing lights up on the dash... unlike front and rear its clearly displayed ont Dash like..

What happens if you stick it in low box?

What happens if you stick it in low box?
Ah! another story.. while its been stood on the ramp its completely seized Luckily its stuck in High range.. Another job for another time.. It was while i was investigating the stuck hi/lo lever.. that i noticed the mentioned cable...:think:

Standing behind the box, looking forward, there's a plug/socket at about the 1 O'clock position which is the auto diff lock circuit for when low range is selected. Could be this one although I can't remember it it's a 2 or 3 pin plug.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In picture No 2 just behind the cable thats hanging down, On top of the Box, It looks like it should plug in there but can not visibly see any thing... it could have broken off.. Il test the plug tomorrow with the CDL switched on to see if there is power going to it.... Guess it could even be power to CDL indicator on the dash...:think: Im not with the Truck now so il have a play later.... Thanks for your Ideas

It may as suggested above be normally connected to the switch on the Low Range lever that engages the CDL when the lever is in L.

It may as suggested above be normally connected to the switch on the Low Range lever that engages the CDL when the lever is in L.

If it is this one, and you do have a dash CDL switch, my advice would be to leave it unplugged.

The manual in low with open diffs is a great option to have, especially if you do any heavy towing in low (and reversing into tight spaces using a lot of steer).

When you do need the CDL to be locked, just press the CDL button.

In picture No 2 just behind the cable thats hanging down, On top of the Box, It looks like it should plug in there but can not visibly see any thing... it could have broken off.. Il test the plug tomorrow with the CDL switched on to see if there is power going to it.... Guess it could even be power to CDL indicator on the dash...:think: Im not with the Truck now so il have a play later.... Thanks for your Ideas
If it is this one, and you do have a dash CDL switch, my advice would be to leave it unplugged.

The manual in low with open diffs is a great option to have, especially if you do any heavy towing in low (and reversing into tight spaces using a lot of steer).

When you do need the CDL to be locked, just press the CDL button.
I need to get in there to give everything a good power washing, so il Bag it and tape it and forget it for now... Thanks for the ideas.. PS is there a indicator light/sign on the dash when engaged.... Cheers

Are You saying that if i put it in Low box ... It Should automatically engage CDL ?... sorry if i sound a bit vague just trying to understand a little Better... 'Ta'...

If the switch wasnt there it would engage cdl in low. As the switch is there it should only engage when you push the button. (Well that's what mine does)

If the switch wasnt there it would engage cdl in low. As the switch is there it should only engage when you push the button. (Well that's what mine does)
Cheers Nick.. I think i just misread Rich's Post... I have the switch.. Do you have a CDL indicator on yours..( On the Dash)...

Diff locks 101.

Always worth putting this up again.

On a std out of the factory 80 auto when you go into low, the CDL locks. When you pull the blanker off the dash and connect a proper plug in, you can lock the CDL in high range too.

However there are two consequences. From memory, the CDL still locks when you go into low (hey it's been a long time since I had an auto) and
You get the most awful shift ratios in the auto box. It holds 1st for ages then without warning it bangs you into second. When you unplug the 1 O'clock plug it not only restores sensible gear change intervals but it stops the CDL coming in with low range. You now have full control over your 3 lockers.

People talk about the pin 7 mod. Forget that. Again from memory what that does on top of all of this is restore the Gawd awful ratios which the Yanks like for rock crawling.

Thanks Chris... Leave well alone seems to be the thing to do...

Diff locks 101.

Always worth putting this up again.

On a std out of the factory 80 auto when you go into low, the CDL locks. When you pull the blanker off the dash and connect a proper plug in, you can lock the CDL in high range too.

However there are two consequences. From memory, the CDL still locks when you go into low (hey it's been a long time since I had an auto) and
You get the most awful shift ratios in the auto box. It holds 1st for ages then without warning it bangs you into second. When you unplug the 1 O'clock plug it not only restores sensible gear change intervals but it stops the CDL coming in with low range. You now have full control over your 3 lockers.

People talk about the pin 7 mod. Forget that. Again from memory what that does on top of all of this is restore the Gawd awful ratios which the Yanks like for rock crawling.
useful stuff!

Thanks Chris... Leave well alone seems to be the thing to do...
Clean out the plug and socket. Smear a little Vaseline in there even, or spray some WD40, and cover with some good tape or well tied poly bag. It’s best to keep the water out of that one.
As an addition to Chris’s post, a switch could be added to bring in the ‘pin 7 mod’ and then you would also have full manual control over all diff locks and low gear ratio holding. That’s if you wanted to of course. :)

Back