Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone ever imported themselves?

ScottT

Country Flag
united_states
I own a 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 70 that is currently in Mozambique (where I lived for 3 years). I'm now attempting to bring it back to the USA. I think I have all of my boxes ticked with EPA, NHTSA, California DOT, CBP, but I was hoping to chat with someone else who has done it before.

Land Cruiser.jpeg

Hi Scott

Not many people on here from the states.

Try ih8mud. Whole section on importing to the USA please return and give us updates on how you get on.

Beau took his UK truck with him to the USA , he is not usually on here until after midnight UK time .

Hey Scott, with a 1991, I assume you'll be using the 21/25+ year old exception with DOT and EPA in order to get the truck into the country. If so, once your paperwork is in order it shouldn't be a problem.

California though, is one of the hardest states to get a import registered though as they're strict when it comes to emissions so you'll have to do your homework there.

You will get a lot more feedback on the other american based forums though, so try there! I used a RI to help me out as my procedure was slightly different.

Back