Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know if Fierys old 265/75's will fit a Range Rover?

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Sorry to post this here :oops: But a friend of mine who owns a Range rover ( I think it's around a 98MY, square headlights, could it be a P38 :? :?: ) has expressed an interest in buying Fiery's old 265/75/16 Avon A/T's :D But I'm not sure he's going to be able to fit them without any further modifications :? :think: Are there any previouse Range Rover owners / moders about that would have a straight forward answer to this question for me :?:

PS - This vehicle is his main daily driver & family car so............... :|

Re: Anyone know if Fierys old 265/75's will fit a Range Rove

Hello i had this size on my disco and i needed to do the camel cut at the back end and it had 3" of lift but the p38 may well take these as it is a wider/ bigger car.
I went to check on mud club but the site is down for maintnence, so when its back up and runing im sure there is a sticky with tyre fitment charts.

Joe

Camel cut :!: I wonder how many people know what one of those is :?: :D ;)

I did have a cruise through LRZone but couldn't really get a definative answer :( I've got to say from what I read the P38 seems to be a bit sensitive on what boots it has fitted so is probaly a no go but just wondered if anyone knew fo sure :)

sae70 said:
Ok, ok, what is it then, is it because it gives you the 'ump' having to do it? :lol:

Cossack said:
sae70 said:
Ok, ok, what is it then, is it because it gives you the 'ump' having to do it? :lol:
From memory & only because I've read about it somewhere do I know :oops: It's the name given to removing a triangular section of the rear wheel arch from the bottom tappering up to the start of the arch curve in order to facilitate the fitting of a larger diameter tyre :) It's called the Camel cut as it was first seen used on one of the Camel trophey prepared Discos @ one of the organised Camel events somewhere :) If you need to know the exact dimensions a quick search on DL for Camel cut should see you right :thumbup: :p

yep they will fit but you will need to camel cut the arches to gain full articulation

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

sae70 said:
Cossack said:
sae70 said:
From memory & only because I've read about it somewhere do I know :oops: It's the name given to removing a triangular section of the rear wheel arch from the bottom tappering up to the start of the arch curve in order to facilitate the fitting of a larger diameter tyre :) It's called the Camel cut as it was first seen used on one of the Camel trophey prepared Discos @ one of the organised Camel events somewhere :) If you need to know the exact dimensions a quick search on DL for Camel cut should see you right :thumbup: :p

Spot on :thumbup:

Joe

Yes it is a P38 RR and Yes they will fit without doing a Camel cut. They will rub a little on full travel off road, but it will be ok. You only have to do a Camel cut on Range Rover Classics, 200 and 300 series Discos.

Paul

Back