Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone know this 60?

CruiserScot

Country Flag
scotland
Just wondered if anyone knew this 60?
Screenshot_2020-08-18-19-15-12-419.jpeg

I was going to stop and do some tyre-kicking when I was in the area last year but they were shut so afraid I can’t help.

If it’s the same one then that’s definitely the case. They have another 60 on eBayat the moment that looks like it’s had a very rough life in the Highlands.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If it’s the same one then that’s definitely the case. They have another 60 on eBayat the moment that looks like it’s had a very rough life in the Highlands.

I was thinking about taking a look. I really need a parts vehicle for the one I have. Not sure if there will be anything usuable on the other one if it has been used as a tow truck.

Know any other rusty ones for sale?

Talking to other 60 owners recently everyone is looking for a " parts vehicle". In reality 60's need very few parts as they are mechanically very robust and 30 -40 year old body panels are usually well past restoration. One needed to be doing this 10-15 years ago when decent 60's were a grand a piece.

It's mostly the interior that I am looking for. It seems most 60's in the UK rusted out before they had too many miles on them, so not an impossible ask!!

There's a gold one on eBay again. Good interior , wants engine work and a clutch. But it's 3 grand. However if it was brought for parts there's a few bits I'd buy.

If it's the one I'm thinking, it's a bit far away for me. Somerset??

Tis eight miles from me would you like me to take a look at it the 60 in Frome Somerset

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I am in the North East of Scotland so I would rather get something more local. Thanks anyway

Snowbound/SteveJB/et all, I actually ended up buy the Hj60 mentioned in sumerset and shipped it to scotland, im currently starting a full rebuild. Just wondering if you you know of any parts in the UK, mainly panels etc but ill consider anything.
Snowbound, Im also in NE Scotland, ive not seen a 60 on the road here, is yours out and about much?

Glad it's gone to a good home in this part of the world. If you want to get in touch send me a PM. Hopefully the covid nightmare will relent eventually and we can organise an event. There is another 60 owner I know of in Fife. Also I have set up a Facebook group for classic Land Cruisers in Scotland, but for obvious reasons not many events so far!!

Ill send a PM. Yeah Covid has destroyed 2020. ill check out the facebook page as well.

Back