Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Anyone like tractors....

Bernese

Country Flag
england
Bent and battered straight out of the field in Bremen Germany then stripped and rebuilt. 1957 108L (long) single cylinder 14hp air cooled thumps along and pulls really well ..

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

yes, our 14 month old, his first word was tractor. hes obsessed with them. ive just bought a mint 20 year old hino moto compact and we cant get him off the thing..

My exact thought CG.

I'm not specifically into tractors but would say I have an interest in pretty much all preservation as long as it goes chuff, pop, whir, clang or broom! :)

Nice job there Des. We have some good steam and vintage vehicle rallies around here, Northchappel rally is a nice one with ploughing by various means including steam and all sorts of tractors. I love it, to have a warm summers afternoon sitting at the side of a small hedged field watching an ancient tractor driven by an equally ancient operator chugging up and down is, and has been, bliss and something that's becoming very rare indeed.

Last edited:
Bent and battered straight out of the field in Bremen Germany then stripped and rebuilt. 1957 108L (long) single cylinder 14hp air cooled thumps along and pulls really well ..

View attachment 133461 View attachment 133462 View attachment 133464 View attachment 133463

That's a thing of beauty, it really is!

I'm with Richard on this. I'm not specifically into tractors, but I'm in awe of restorations of this caliber.

And I love old technology, a single cylinder delivering 14hp, it says it all. :clap:

As rich said, i appreciate anything brought back to its former glory. Be it a e type jag or mg metro. Its nice to see the hard work and dedication thats gone into the project.

Thanks guys for the kind comments they certainly draw positive attention wherever we go.

Hopefully the 80 will be towing a few round to shows etc next year along with the little Wheel Horses which I also show and work...

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What shows do you go to des? We go to most of the country shows around here, hartington, ipstones, manifold, chatsworth etc. Not a million miles from you.

If it goes Pop-Bang-chug I'm interested :thumbup:.

Many years ago I bought a 1976 Zetor 6718 tractor for use in the field we rented for our horses (4 cylinder, a little under 4 litres, five-speed gearbox, 2-speed PTO, diff lock, Portal axles, power steering, a built-in air compressor, the "Dance Hall" two-seater cab and a Grays Front loader :cool:).

I found it had serious faults, stripped it down and never got to finish the restoration (the women-folk moved the horses to a Livery Yard and we stopped renting the field) .

But I WILL, I WILL, I WILL - most of the work is done, I just need to sort the engine and put it all together, all 3.5 tons of it.

At present, the four British 'Classic' motorcycles and my 95 'Colorado' have priority :oops:.

I LOVE tractors . . . . . Motorcycles, cars, lorries, heavy plant, ships, sailing boats, aircraft, steam locomotives . . . .

Bob.

If it goes Pop-Bang-chug I'm interested :thumbup:.

Many years ago I bought a 1976 Zetor 6718 tractor for use in the field we rented for our horses (4 cylinder, a little under 4 litres, five-speed gearbox, 2-speed PTO, diff lock, Portal axles, power steering, a built-in air compressor, the "Dance Hall" two-seater cab and a Grays Front loader :cool:).

I found it had serious faults, stripped it down and never got to finish the restoration (the women-folk moved the horses to a Livery Yard and we stopped renting the field) .

But I WILL, I WILL, I WILL - most of the work is done, I just need to sort the engine and put it all together, all 3.5 tons of it.

At present, the four British 'Classic' motorcycles and my 95 'Colorado' have priority :oops:.

I LOVE tractors . . . . . Motorcycles, cars, lorries, heavy plant, ships, sailing boats, aircraft, steam locomotives . . . .

Bob.
We have an old 4x4 zetor too, cant remember the model, has the "onboard air" and passenger seat.

What shows do you go to des? We go to most of the country shows around here, hartington, ipstones, manifold, chatsworth etc. Not a million miles from you.

Next year....Newby Hall, Hope, Moss Valley, Shire Oaks to name a few.

I have a love of old machinery, plant engines, earth movers, tractors, trucks, old cars and motorcycles, an uncle of mine in SA is the owner of a private museum with lots of very nice working trucks, tanks, tractors and so on, if he still has it he has a very impressive Fordson Major tractor, battered but in perfect working condition, that is a impressive tractor.

Next year....Newby Hall, Hope, Moss Valley, Shire Oaks to name a few.
Know the hills around hope and edale like the back of my hand. We still go edale bonfire every year. Never been the shows though.

We have an old 4x4 zetor too, cant remember the model, has the "onboard air" and passenger seat.

They are seriously heavily engineered things :cool:.

Mine is rear wheel drive only unfortunately.

I spotted this at the Haddington Agricultural Show on 28th June 2014 (No. 1 Daughter was showing a horse!). Its what my Zetor is supposed to look like - except mine has a large, yellow front loader :dance:.

One day . . . . . (if I live long enough).

Bob.

DSC_9575.JPG

DSC_9576.JPG

I remember my uncle's "little grey" tractor as we called it, because for me, at 8 years old it was the only one he'd let me drive because I couldn't reach the pedals on the others!

All I know is that it was grey, and had the starter on the gear lever, and I think it might have been a Fergie.

It would be great if someone could tell me what it was, even with so little to go on.

If I thought so many were interested, I'd have put more pics of my tractor exploits up. Rebuilding old ones is a hobby I share with a couple of mates. Our motto is 'another one saved'!

Sounds like a Ferguson, ether a diesel, petrol or perhaps one that ran on TVO (tractor vapourising oil).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_TE20

I had both a TVO and a diesel, nice handy little tractors but not the best on hilly ground.

I have a feeling it ran on paraffin but it was a long time ago, I'm going back 56 years, and it was old then.

Sounds like it might have been a TVO. They had a small separate tank which held petrol, the idea was to get it started on petrol until warm and then switch over to the main tank which held the TVO, (a mix of paraffin (kerosene) and petrol). It had different manifold setup to help warm the TVO. The higher the ratio of petrol to paraffin in the TVO, the more power. I think it came about because kerosene was cheaper than petrol. On a cold morning, it would take a while before switching over for smooth running.

Sounds like it might have been a TVO. They had a small separate tank which held petrol, the idea was to get it started on petrol until warm and then switch over to the main tank which held the TVO, (a mix of paraffin (kerosene) and petrol). It had different manifold setup to help warm the TVO. The higher the ratio of petrol to paraffin in the TVO, the more power. I think it came about because kerosene was cheaper than petrol. On a cold morning, it would take a while before switching over for smooth running.

Thanks Flint, I've often wondered if I'd dreamt it! It was always summer when I camped on the farm with my btother and sister all through the summer holidays, and we used to help with the hay making, old style, with a tractor mounted sheer cutter, a turner a bailing machine, and finally bringing the bales in on a trailer, to stack in the barn.

Hard work, and happy days.

It's all big forage harvesters and tractors with silage trailers racing about round here now. There is someone locally who still uses a finger mower, tedder and baler, nice to hear it clacking away, but it's mainly the roar of diesels these days. Simple economics I suppose. Animals seem to like silage ok, but they love well made hay.

Back