Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

anyone seen this before? rear brake disc related.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
New oem rear disc rubs against backing plate. Same both sides.

thinking back there was a wear mark there that had rusted over from the old disc. cant find a explanation at the minute.

20170819_170635.jpg

Usually because the backing plate has been distorted. I've seen them fall off jacks and so on then needing to be bent back into shape. They're pretty flimsy

Usually because the backing plate has been distorted. I've seen them fall off jacks and so on then needing to be bent back into shape. They're pretty flimsy
Cheers chris. Looks like i was over thinking it. Must of happened before i owned the motor and the old disc had worn enough not to bind.

Can't remember the price of those new, but IIRC it's close to buy one and get a free Landcruiser included in he price. Silly money but a nice thing to replace if you can.

Can't remember the price of those new, but IIRC it's close to buy one and get a free Landcruiser included in he price. Silly money but a nice thing to replace if you can.
They will need replacing within the next five years.

I tapped the offending section back with a large diameter punch. Theres no obvious falling off jack kinda damage. Judging by the amount of sheet rust that was dropping out as i tapped away at it, the best i can come up with is its expanded with the rust forming behind it over the years.

I had this on mine a few years back. The back plate has a ridge that runs in a slot at the rear of the disc, I guess it kept mud and stones out? The back plate was nice and straight but, in the slot of the disc was a lump of casting flash, a moment with the Dremel and it was sorted.

Regards

Dave

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My "moment" wasn't quite as precise as yours dave..

Took me a moment to remember, mine were not OEM discs.

Regards

Dave

Back