Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ARB COMPRESSOR

Jordan Cone

Country Flag
united_states
Hey Guys, I"m new here, so I hope I'm going about this right. I have a troopy and absolutely love it. I want to mount an ARB compressor, but I wondered if any of you had some good advice where to mount it. Possibly some pics would be nice. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jordan, pop on over to the Introduce Yourself section and tell us a bit about you and your Troopy. Add some pics and that'll start you off well. Add some info to your signature line (I must update mine) and that will complete the picture. We're a friendly helpful bunch on here and like to get to know those that want to join and stay.

After that I'm sure someone will be along with some sort of help. I will be watching as I plan on putting an air compressor in soon.

Best wishes and welcome.

Richard

I don't know how much room there is under the drivers seat on a 70, but I mounted an ARB twin pump compressor under there on my 80 after taking out the heater.

Did you blank the holes the heater left Chas? Just thinking why the tide came in when you went on your Titanic voyage. :)

Hey Guys, I"m new here, so I hope I'm going about this right. I have a troopy and absolutely love it. I want to mount an ARB compressor, but I wondered if any of you had some good advice where to mount it. Possibly some pics would be nice. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

As with Richard (StarCruiser) an intro would be nice.

I've had an ARB compressor fitted in the engine bay for 8 years now, runs faultlessly.

However, it's slow. Especially with bigger tyres. It's noisy too, but I think they all are.

Mine is a single, so the double that Chas has is probably.... well likely, twice as quick... :think:

It doesn't bother me being slow, because I'm used to it and it gives me time for a cigarette while it's doing its business.

Somehow these days, everything has to be bigger and better, turbo, state of the art, LED, and eco-friendly.

The single ARB air pump is just that, and its reliable.

What more do you need? There's plenty of faster ones though, so you pay your money and get what you get. I rate them though, if that's what you wanted to know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Jordan, pop on over to the Introduce Yourself section and tell us a bit about you and your Troopy. Add some pics and that'll start you off well. Add some info to your signature line (I must update mine) and that will complete the picture. We're a friendly helpful bunch on here and like to get to know those that want to join and stay.

After that I'm sure someone will be along with some sort of help. I will be watching as I plan on putting an air compressor in soon.

Best wishes and welcome.

Richard
Will do! Thanks so much.

As with Richard (StarCruiser) an intro would be nice.

I've had an ARB compressor fitted in the engine bay for 8 years now, runs faultlessly.

However, it's slow. Especially with bigger tyres. It's noisy too, but I think they all are.

Mine is a single, so the double that Chas has is probably.... well likely, twice as quick... :think:

It doesn't bother me being slow, because I'm used to it and it gives me time for a cigarette while it's doing its business.

Somehow these days, everything has to be bigger and better, turbo, state of the art, LED, and eco-friendly.

The single ARB air pump is just that, and its reliable.

What more do you need? There's plenty of faster ones though, so you pay your money and get what you get. I rate them though, if that's what you wanted to know.
Thanks so much. Mine is the single also. I'm just trying to find a good place to put it. I haven't found it yet. Thanks for the advice. I would love it in the cab, but it does not fit under the seat.

I don't know how much room there is under the drivers seat on a 70, but I mounted an ARB twin pump compressor under there on my 80 after taking out the heater.
Sadly there isn't any.

I`d opt to "sink" it into the the bigger one of the barn doors in the back or in a shelf inside the body cavity not far from the rear doors.
At least I plan to fully untilize these areas once I start to build on the body/bodies I have sitting :)

I`d opt to "sink" it into the the bigger one of the barn doors in the back or in a shelf inside the body cavity not far from the rear doors.
At least I plan to fully untilize these areas once I start to build on the body/bodies I have sitting :)
Thanks so much! Huge help. Could you let me know what size wire you use to get the power back there?

No Problem!

I chose to run 6mm2
Thats bigger than what ARB supplies in their kit, which is frommemory 4mm2
No worries what so ever.

In another of my vehicles, I ran a 10mm2 fused "supply" line aft, splitted it off in a distribution box. Ran the RB off that. It will now be fitted with a marine grade (Blue sea os) fuse box for other consumers.

Our vehicles are "so short" & in general the runnin cyklus are fairly short, that overheating in the cable is the least of Your worries. I was however fitted the relay fairly close to the compressor, as the relay is the "electrical orifice" on these setups...

Thanks
No Problem!

I chose to run 6mm2
Thats bigger than what ARB supplies in their kit, which is frommemory 4mm2
No worries what so ever.

In another of my vehicles, I ran a 10mm2 fused "supply" line aft, splitted it off in a distribution box. Ran the RB off that. It will now be fitted with a marine grade (Blue sea os) fuse box for other consumers.

Our vehicles are "so short" & in general the runnin cyklus are fairly short, that overheating in the cable is the least of Your worries. I was however fitted the relay fairly close to the compressor, as the relay is the "electrical orifice" on these setups...
Thanks so much. This was a huge help. I"m going to do that. Thanks again.

Back