Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Arb Twin compressor

Almost finished plumbing mine in (airtank still to do) it's a whole lot quicker than my ring automotive compressor that lives in the Beemer:)

Almost finished plumbing mine in (airtank still to do) it's a whole lot quicker than my ring automotive compressor that lives in the Beemer:)

What size air tank are you going for?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My bad, I got the 2 gallon.
I won't finish putting it in until I get some gullwings and finish building out the back of the truck. I bought a 3/8 ratchet and although it spins from the pump it wanted more oomph

What fittings did you use Nick? Did you convert everything to 1/4 BSP? I have no idea what type is on the compressor itself.

Just picked up one of these.

Quite a good price at £342 I think too.

https://www.flatdoguk.com/arb-twin-motor-air-compressor---max-performance---12v~1006
Very good price Grant, I bought one of those from across the pond, mounted under the drivers seat, fitted nicely with a little help from a tapping stick. I can't remember the actual purchase price but after import charges the total came to just over £360. It is an excellent fast compressor, I have a 2.5 gallon tank, although I haven't given it a great deal of use yet.

Compressor has 1/4 inch npt fitting. I've just used 1/4npt and bsp as they're pretty much the same thread. Depends whether I could find the fitting i wanted in npt or not and any fittings I've used pcl

Compressor has 1/4 inch npt fitting. I've just used 1/4npt and bsp as they're pretty much the same thread. Depends whether I could find the fitting i wanted in npt or not and any fittings I've used pcl

Cheers - ok daft question now. Is it just the thread that differs and the actual air side of it is all universal?

The thread on the compressor is 1/4npt. If you buy the tyre inflater thing it has the fitting and tube. I bought this and wish I hadn't. Where my compressor is behind the rear seats I needed an elbow out of the compressor so the one that came with the pipe would have stuck into the seat if you get what I mean.
So what I've got now is a 1/4npt elbow with a barb on it into a pipe with I'd of 8mm. This then goes to a pcl fitting on my bumper. I'll have a look, I must have taken pictures!
Ps. The only bit that needs to be npt is at the compressor. You can stick whatever you want on the other end of a pipe. (My air tank is npt as well)

Last edited:
Compressor attached to back of drawers with the fitting that came with the inflater thing. Comes out perpendicular to the compressor.
20180203_163032.jpg
Pipe between compressor and bumper
20180203_135619.jpg
Arb inflater pipe, picture that attached to the drawers. The seat won't close20180203_144113_001.jpg
Pcl fitting on the bumper20180203_131813.jpg
So I don't use the arb pipe or fitting at all. I'll take some pics when I get home if you want. These were just what's on my phone of how it was. Not how it is

I’m looking to make a receiver from a discharged fire extinguisher. They’re rated at something like 8 Bar, so should be sturdy enough... some fittings welded in...

I’m looking to make a receiver from a discharged fire extinguisher. They’re rated at something like 8 Bar, so should be sturdy enough... some fittings welded in...
I was going to make one from a gas cylinder but it was not a very convienent shape for mountinjg in the truck so I bought a Viair one instead.

Thanks Nick! Seeing that 2 gallon cylinder on your tail gate makes me realise I really don't want anything bigger. That black ARB connector i've seen mounted on the bumper where it would work nicely.

Also found this ... it may make more sense to someone else :/

AIR COUPLING FITTING TYPE :
‘US Industrial Standard’ (international equivalent standards) ISO 6150 B Rectus series 23/24/1400 Tema series 1400 Legris series 23 DYNAQUIP D3 CEJN 310 US.MIL.C 4109 Norma / AFNOR: NF.E49.053 Parker series 30-¼” and 20-¼” Aignep 220 Hansen series 3000 Norgren series 237 Gromelle series 60

I've got the case mounted version of this compressor. It only has a 4 litre tank but the portable aspect of it appealed to me.

Glad my first time.presenting wasn't wasted!
I've read that and still bought the wrong stuff so just decided to right off the arb pipe and go pcl

Back