Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

are diesels dead

If everyone stopped eating dead animals the world would be a cleaner place.
Yep, instead of grazing animals on hill farms in an ecologically diverse and rich environment we could plant more cereals making more ecological deserts and spraying them with toxic chemicals that leak into the water aquifers!

Agreed, but a lot of the worlds ever growing population are already living at a low level of opportunity or wealth and the desire (who are we to deny them this) to achieve a better standard of living is strong, with growth and expansion seen as the way of achieving this. Not a cheering thought, but unless humans as a species can accept global cooperation to achieve some sort of levelling (which seems rather optimistic), in order for the world population to stabilise or decline at a needed rate, then disease, warfare or enforced sterilisation seem to be the only likely options for this to happen. Make mine a double.....
We should be helping other countries reduce their emissions. I was appalled when we visited Romania by the amount of field burning going on, every valley was filled with thick smoke from it, and that’s a European country ffs!! China stopped accepting plastic waste because of environmental concerns, so now it’s dumped in third world countries that have no recycling facilities, frequently it is just openly burned. We need to stop dumping out plastic on others, after carrying it thousands of miles on polluting ships and help the countries we’ve shat on clean up the mess we dumped on them.
Worrying about a diesel fiat panda in London is like worrying about rising sea levels after taking a piss off the end of the pier.

Very well said ,diesel is the easy target to make out we doing something.

A653359E-01F0-4BC9-BE06-5F7998C1D200.png

Perhaps this’ll work... :tonguewink:
meanwhile I shall enjoy my 1GR-FE

It’s going to hit us on 3 January 2020, or so it seems...

From then on, I’m not going to be able to take my 80 into the city, so as a daily driver, I’m fooked. :cry:

We live and work in the “city centre” zone, so initially I thought I wouldn’t be allowed to have the 80 in Bucharest at all. But today, it looks like city hall will permit me to park it outside the apartment, and I’m only allowed to drive it in the city after 10:00pm and before 7:00 am.

It’s not because it’s a diesel BTW, it’s because it’s only Euro 1.

After 3 Jan Non-Euro and Euro 1 and 2 vehicles are to be banned from Bucharest city center, and Euro 3 and 4 will be permitted, but they will have to pay a new tax (circa €300 for Euro 3 and €150 for Euro 4 - p.a.).

Nothing is certain yet, but that’s the latest proposal amended as of today at a city hall meeting.

Not good news for the likes of us, but it could have been a complete ban (total exclusion from the city) for non-Euro and Euro 1 vehicles, as first proposed in August this year.

We await the Council’s final decisions on these issues....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Maybe there's hope yet , this should throw a spanner in the works for a blanket ban

From the brief description it sounds like a very high compression gasoline engine (with spark ignition). I guess it compresses air and then injects petrol at the combustion point in order to avoid pre-ignition that would be a problem with compressing a mixture :think:.

No doubt all will become clear in time.

Bob.

I reckon the journalist didn't understand it at all hence he writes the new breed of diesel will run on gasoline :doh:

As is compressed air provides the spark but i imagine its highly flammable before it detonates , add a spark plug .............

Back