Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Are we doing a 2018 calendar?

If only there was someone with a really freshly painted sort of greenish one.
Unfortunately so far there is only one very uninteresting picture outside the shop where it was resprayed.

Unfortunately so far there is only one very uninteresting picture outside the shop where it was resprayed.

And don’t forget the several more uninteresting photos of you leaving our place Chas...

(posting just to annoy Chris... :lol: :shifty:)

DB1F4101-A647-4D5A-B50C-FB45666235BA.jpeg
1B12045C-52D2-4611-BC07-791D7AC8725B.jpeg
C987B597-30F7-4E53-9447-27BB7B25D8BD.jpeg
B8B90EF4-EB4A-4400-BF5A-FE66D88C9989.jpeg
A0756F96-445E-4CAC-B2AF-37B34A71AE16.jpeg
E1476AE3-3876-4A24-95C8-464EA8C915CE.jpeg
5E2F443E-5B23-4735-BD2F-7D20304E7144.jpeg
9C5AEB3B-51F4-49A0-9BF4-31A32FE5C062.jpeg
97609AFA-2FBB-4CE6-8EF1-F784C1815E32.jpeg

Hey maybe we could photostitch all of those pics together to make one qualifying shot. D'ya think?

:p

I'd love a 2018 LC club calendar! :icon-cool:

But I dont think I will be able to submit any pics as sadly I havent really been on many trips this year. :shifty:

Thanks.
I am a Graphic Designer and a PR person, so this is up my alley.
Just wanted to offer free design services to the forum, in form of a calendar, to sort of give back for what I am learning here.

Thats very kind of you Naftali. :text-bravo:

I think Chris has the calender's under control but maybe you could design some club stickers, I know I'd like one for the back of each of my 70's. Nothing too big, just something to identify which club I belong to. :think:

If you do feel like using your skills to do that, maybe start a new thread so as not to hijack this one anymore. :text-threadjacked:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ooh stickers good call Ben. Yes

Reactions: Ben
I'd love a 2018 LC club calendar! :icon-cool:

But I dont think I will be able to submit any pics as sadly I havent really been on many trips this year. :shifty:

Surely it doesn’t have to be a pic of a trip, or have dreamy sunsets, etc., does it?

How about one of your build photos Ben? A tasteful one of course... :think:

You’ve pulled off some magical transformations, shame if the calendar can’t celebrate that... IMO.

Yes it does. End of.

Well not sure how any pic could really be judged as being a trip Chas. If we wait for the dedicated calendar thread then maybe the rules of entry would be clear. But as we have said for several years now, it needs to be a Landcruiser variant in a setting that embodies the spirit of the vehicle genre. Not a car park with the doors open and someone loading their Tesco shopping in the boot. Which we've had by the way. It's not hard, just a nicely composed shot of a Landcruiser fit to go in a calendar. You've had a couple of shots used before Chas, so you better than anyone should really know what we're looking for.

Now we can of course do a themed calendar if that's what people wanted. We could have broken down Landcruisers. Landcruisers in scrap yards. Cruisers on fire. But I think that generally people would like nice shots of Cruisers in the environment. The vehicle itself doesn't have to be perfect (like mine) but the shot needs to be attractive.

Now we can of course do a themed calendar if that's what people wanted. We could have broken down Landcruisers. Landcruisers in scrap yards. Cruisers on fire.

I see what you're doing there Chris and it won't work I'm afraid. Trying to narrow the theme so much that you only get 3 photos and use them 4 times, just to make judging easier isn't going to cut it!!
You'd have got inundated if this were the Land Rover Club.net.

:)

Reactions: Ben
Surely it doesn’t have to be a pic of a trip, or have dreamy sunsets, etc., does it?

How about one of your build photos Ben? A tasteful one of course... :think:

You’ve pulled off some magical transformations, shame if the calendar can’t celebrate that... IMO.

Thanks mate. :thumbup:

Everything was going fine up until February! Up to then LJ was assembled, usable and getting taken on lots of trips! :icon-cool:

Then in February I bought the 78, then set about doing 3 engine swaps, 2 body swaps, lots of body work and 2 full re-sprays. :sleeping-sleep:

Which has sadly meant I've only been on one 4wd trip all year, which was in the 78 a couple of months ago. :doh:

But next year there will be lots more trips when I'm back in Melbourne. :dance:

I'm sure this time next year I will have some nice pics of the 78 in the High Country with some beautiful scenery in the background which will hopefully meet the strict photo criteria! :shifty:

If LJ is finished I might also have some action pics of it rock crawling to submit. :icon-twisted:

It might liven things up a bit after all the boring overlanding pics in the calender! :lol:

Just remember that these pics can be from any date. And from vehicles that you no longer own in fact. So when we get the call, everyone needs to rummage through their old SD cards. A decent pic is a decent pic. Rainbow beach was a corker.

Perfect. That's exactly the thing. Unfortunately Steve you've had one of yours in already so on this occasion, regrettably I shall have to say no. Next time maybe?

Back