Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

asleep at the wheel

goodoldboy

As a volunteer fireman i don't get called to RTAs but came across this one today on my way to the bar.It seems that the driver fell asleep & woke up as he hit the curb then collected the stop sign and ended up in a field.Luckily no one was hurt , it seems that he wasn't going too fast - the speed limit here is 40 MPH but most people approach like they are in a F1 car on the run down to the first chicane at Monza .
So vis jacket on I hung around for my colleges & tried not to get run over as i chucked some of the wreckage off the road .Phew!

Attachments

• Image-137.jpg
    Image-137.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Image-138.jpg
    Image-138.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Image-133.jpg
    Image-133.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 58
Glad nobody was hurt, i have drifted off at the wheel when i used to work nights but luckily it was only a split second, but in that time i had moved across three lanes.
it really is best to just pull over instead of swapping eyes,opening the window, turning the radio up it really doesnt work.

Joe

I was once driving from Edinborough to home (then Northants) and fell asleep near Darlington on the A1. I saw a caravan about 1/4 mile in front, next thing it was 10m in front, I swerved and missed it, goodness knows how. Thankfully, nothing was overtaking me. I had to pull in very smartly for a change of undies! Doing around 50k per year, I often used to get home and think, oh, I'm home, how did that happen! Scarey - Driving from Doncastor to here in France is a tough one - all alone, at night.........I keep stopping now!

Cheers and keep safe

Steve

I think it would be safe to say, we've all just about experienced being on the verge of going to the land of nod, when behind the wheel. Good to see nobody hurt, but somewhat dented pride and joy car. Hey that can all be fixed. Gives a new meaning to running a stop street (sign).

Back